Clinical Educator – Audiology
Job no: 611907
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled)
Categories: Audiology, OD/L&D, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear Asia-Pacific, the fastest growing division of Cochlear Ltd, has a direct market presence in Japan, Korea, China, India, SE Asia and Australia & New Zealand. Our implantable hearing device portfolio includes cochlear implant systems (Nucleus®) and bone conduction implant systems (Baha®).
The Clinical Educator - Audiology will have the opportunity to support Cochlear’s clinical education strategy for the Asia Pacific (APAC) region by developing clinical training programs and materials to address learning needs on various audiological and product-related topics. The Clinical Educator also delivers clinical and audiological education to new and existing field-based staff and works with APAC clinical managers to provide appropriate learning for hearing professionals working in implantable hearing solution clinics throughout the APAC region. The opportunity is offered on a 12-month fixed-term basis initially, with further opportunities available for the right candidate.
- Provide high-quality clinical, theory and practicum (blended learning) based training and education to new and existing Cochlear staff and others working in Cochlear Implant and Acoustics clinics in the APAC region
- Provide input into the development of audiology/implantable hearing solution education program content to meet the diverse needs of the APAC region
- Deliver information in educational programs, both theory and practicum via various modes including e-learning, pre-recorded materials and face-to-face training
- In partnership with the marketing communications and product management teams, you will create, edit and review technical documentation, website content, marketing and training materials
- Generate reports following learning programs that outline lessons learned and recommendations for continuous improvement
- Participate in global launch teams to provide input on various product launches
- Participate in APAC (NPI) teams, for various products to represent the clinical learning needs for a particular product or service
- Coordinate and partner with the regional clinical managers to plan, develop and execute on New Product Introduction (NPI) country training plans and ensure that the learning outcomes are maximised for internal staff and external hearing professionals within each launching country
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Audiology (or equivalent)
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-A) (or country equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience working with cochlear implants or other implantable hearing solutions
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years education/training experience
- Ability to travel up to 40% across the Asia Pacific region
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proficient in e-learning software, such as Articulate, Captivate or other e-learning tools
- Experience with using image editing software and/or video editing software
In turn, you will have the opportunity to work across organisational boundaries in a diverse, challenging and rewarding set of markets. By driving high quality clinical education programs, you will bring Cochlear’s implantable hearing solutions to people in Asia Pacific making a real difference to the lives of the hearing impaired. You will also have the unique opportunity to expand your capabilities in clinical education through regional and global career progression pathways.
Working for Cochlear:
Cochlear is the global leader in implantable hearing solutions. The company has a global workforce of more than 4,000 people worldwide and invests more than AUD$160 million each year in research and development. Over 550,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution.
Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered and qualified candidates will be contacted
Advertised: 06 Aug 2020 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Advertising Close: 04 Sep 2020 AUS Eastern Standard Time
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.