Clinical Nurse Specialist
NYU Langone Health
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Clinical Nurse Specialist.
In this role, the successful candidate Provides and integrates clinical leadership for a designated population based on a specialized knowledge base and participates in the design, implementation, and evaluation of practice standards that improve the delivery of high quality, comprehensive, and individualized, patient centered care. It includes the traditional components of patient care, consultation, research utilization and education with the aim of upholding the philosophy and goals of the institution, department of nursing and the clinical service. The specialist role is to understand the organizational role, implement practice initiatives, and uphold practice standards.
- Uses expertise as clinician, educator, consultant, and researcher in order to influence outcomes by increasing the quality and cost-effectiveness of outcomes for patients, nurses, and organizations.
- Provides clinical leadership in assessing, implementing and evaluating the care provided to a targeted patient population of patients and their significant others according to professional and departmental standards.
- Acts as a professional role model to all levels of staff by incorporating expertise and related experience into all aspects of patient care and the nursing process.
- Facilitates a strong collaborative interdisciplinary approach to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Develops, promulgates, and fosters the implementation of process standards for the delivery of patient care relevant to area of practice.
- Fosters ongoing patient/significant other education in an effort to facilitate effective clinical management across the continuum of care consistent with the individual needs of the patients and goals of the institution.
- Supports and interprets the mission, philosophy, standards, goals, and objectives of the institution and department.
- Promotes patient, physician, and other consumer satisfaction by facilitating excellent customer service by all members of the health care team.
- Serves as a role model for staff in considering needs and behaviors of specific patient age groups.
- Assures compliance with standards and regulations promulgated by all applicable agencies.
- Provides a suitable plan for optimal availability of resources for safe, competent, and effective patient care delivery.
- Practices prudent fiscal management of resources.
- Promotes own professional growth, development, and expertise in the role.
- Creates unit milieu supportive of the education and development of the nursing staff and other health care providers consistent with the goals of a learning organization.
- Identifies and addresses learning needs of professional and ancillary staff members.
- Utilizes resources to plan and meet unit and individual staff learning needs.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of education and development activities in achieving desired outcomes.
- Serves as support and resource for the education of other health professionals.
- Develops system for identifying, tracking, and managing patients in a designated population or service.
- Contributes to the development of systems for collecting and analyzing data relevant to program evaluation.
- Monitors practice patterns for trends in outcomes, costs, and resource utilization for the designated patient population.
- Leads or supports quality and performance improvement initiatives consistent with departmental programs.
- Develops and implements action plans in response to internal and external benchmarking data, problems, findings, issues, incidents, and complaints.
- Leads or participates in interdisciplinary quality improvement programs and cultivates environment that promotes patient/significant other, physician, and staff satisfaction.
- Applies research findings that support development of evidence-based practice.
- Participates in and fosters staff involvement in nursing research efforts.
To qualify you must have a Certified and Registered as Clinical Nurse Specialist by New York State Education Department under the following specialty practice areas: Adult Health, Oncology, Pediatrics, and Psychiatry/Mental Health. Master's Degree in clinical nursing practice. Certification as clinical nurse specialist by a national certification organization in related specialty area. At least four years of clinical nursing practice in the care of patient population served, ability to apply nursing process toward achievement of specific outcomes in an organized fashion which addresses patient/family satisfaction. Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, and creative problem solving; understands the domains of the Magnet Model and implementation strategies pertinent to this specialty area of practice. Consistent evidence of ability to effectively work as a consultant to all levels of staff. Previous demonstration of ability to facilitate group processes and work cohesively with an interdisciplinary team. Membership in pertinent professional and/or specialty organizations. Physical stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform responsibilities..
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse License-NYS
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.