Clinical Research Associate-Entry Level
Medpace is a full-service clinical contract research organization (CRO). We provide Phase I-IV clinical development services to the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Our mission is to accelerate the global development of safe and effective medical therapeutics through its scientific and disciplined approach. We leverage local regulatory and therapeutic expertise across all major areas including oncology, cardiology, metabolic disease, endocrinology, central nervous system, anti-viral and anti-infective. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, employing approximately 3,500 people across almost 40 countries.
The Clinical Research Associate position at Medpace offers the unique opportunity to have an exciting career in the research of drug and medical device development while making a difference in the lives of those around them. For those with a medical and/or health/life science background who want to explore the research field, travel in France, and be part of a team bringing pharmaceutical and medical devices to market - this could be the right opportunity for you!
Our successful Clinical Research Associates possess various backgrounds in medical and other science-related healthcare fields. Backgrounds of individuals who have succeeded in the CRA role include:
- Pharmaceutical/Device Sales Representative
- Biomedical/Chemical Engineer
- Pharm.D candidates
- Health and Wellness Coordinators
- Clinical Research Coordinators
- Research Assistants
MEDPACE CRA TRAINING PROGRAM (PACE)
No research experience is needed as Medpace provides comprehensive initial and ongoing training, unmatched by other CROs. Through our PACE Training Program, you will join other Professionals Achieving CRA Excellence:
- PACE provides the platform to effectively and confidently carry out your duties, enhance your current abilities and ultimately help you become a high-functioning independent Medpace CRA.
- PACE will prepare you by developing your CRA skills through interactive discussions and hands on job-related exercises and practicums.
- To supplement your in-house and field-based training you may also participate in other clinical research departmental core rotations, learning other aspects of the drug/device development and approval process.
WHY BECOME A CRA
This role takes you on a journey through travel and excitement which will allow you to make a difference on a large scale through the enhancement of pharmaceuticals and medical devices. The CRA position provides many other distinctive advantages including:
- Dynamic working environment, with varying responsibilities day-to-day
- Expansive experience in multiple therapeutic areas
- Work within a team of therapeutic and regulatory experts
- Defined CRA promotion and growth ladder with potential for mentoring and management advancements
- Competitive pay and many additional perks unmatched by other CROs (SEE BELOW).
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING
- Competitive travel bonus;
- Flexible work hours across days within a week;
- Home office furniture allowance, laptop, mobile phone with hotspot for internet access anywhere;
- In-house travel agents,
- Opportunity for leadership positions – Lead CRA, CRA Manager, Clinical Trial Manager, Training and Development Manager, and many more;
- CRA training program (PACE);
- In-house administrative support for all levels of CRAs; and
- Opportunities to work with international team of CRAs.
- Conduct qualification, initiation, monitoring, and closeout visits at research sites in compliance with the approved protocol;
- Communication with the medical site staff including coordinators, clinical research physicians, and their site staff;
- Verify adequate investigator qualifications, training and resources, including facilities, laboratories, equipment, and staff;
- Medical record and research source documentation verification against case report form data, including informing the site staff of any entry errors, ensuring good documentation practices are being adhered to and communicating protocol deviations appropriately per SOPs, GCP, and applicable regulatory requirements;
- Verification that the investigator is enrolling only eligible subjects;
- Regulatory document review;
- Medical device and/or investigational product/drug accountability and inventory;
- Verification and review of adverse events, serious adverse events, concomitant medications and corresponding illnesses to confirm accurate data reporting in accordance with the protocol;
- Assess the clinical research site’s patient recruitment and retention success and offering suggestions for improvement; and
- Completion of monitoring reports and follow-up letters, which includes providing summaries of the significant findings, deviations, deficiencies, and recommended actions to secure compliance.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a health or science related field;
- Ability to travel 60-80% to locations nationwide is required;
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive to monitoring sites;
- Minimum 1 year healthcare-related work experience preferred;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft® Office;
- Strong communication and presentation skills; and
- Must be detail-oriented and efficient in time management.
When you join Medpace, you become part of a team dedicated to supporting the development of ground-breaking drugs and devices. Our employees provide hope for those living with debilitating diseases. We invite you to be a part of something that is impacting millions of people around the globe while enjoying a competitive total compensation and benefits package and internal growth opportunities.
*WARNING: Please beware of phishing scams that offer opportunities with Medpace in exchange for sending money. These scammers pose as legitimate employees from actual companies. Please be advised that a Medpace employee will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. All of our careers require that you first complete an online application and go through some sort of interview process.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.