Clinical Study Technician
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
Job ID: 292117Department
CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY (IN-CPHR-IUINA)Department Information
The Indiana University School of Medicine is the largest medical school in the US and is annually ranked among the top medical schools in the nation by US News and World Report.
The clinical research focus of the Division of Clinical Pharmacology is genetics and non-genetic mechanisms of inter-individual variability in drug effects, and encompass a broad range of areas. The ultimate goal of faculty clinical pharmacologists at the IU School of Medicine is to personalize drug therapy by optimizing beneficial effects while minimizing adverse effects and cost.
We provide a work/life balance, and offer great benefits while you utilize your skills and experience.
For more information, visit our website.Job Summary
Primary responsibilities will be, under general supervision, to assist the Principal Investigators (PIs) and Program Manager in the conduct of a funded study through the Department of Medicine and to consent patients undergoing this study. Perform varied routine and non-routine tasks of moderate complexity.
Duties and responsbilities:
- Enroll patients at our partner IU Health and Eskenazi Health facilities, explain the purpose and procedure of the study to participants, review the informed consent document, obtain participants' written informed consent and draw blood or collect sputum sample.
- Complete all required documentation materials and transfer packets to the IU pharmacogenetics laboratory.
- Accurately document study procedures.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to assist with maintaining regulatory compliance with the Internal Review Board.
- Curate and maintain a database of study parameters, including clinical variables and study metadata.
- Conduct basic data analysis of clinical variables, genetic information, and clinical outcomes.
- Work with team members to present data.
- Bachelor's degree in a health or science discipline; OR associate's degree in Allied Health professions and one year of patient-related/research experience; OR bachelor's degree in other fields/completion of three years college science and two years of patient-related/research experience; OR high school diploma or GED and five years of patient-related experience with two years in clinical study.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish rapport with participants including cultural competence and sensitivity, and an interest and/or understanding of human subjects' research.
- Detail-oriented and ability to multitask.
- Dependable and high organized.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Indianapolis, IndianaJob Classification
Salary Plan: TE
Salary Grade: 07
Job Function: Health ServicesEqual Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Contact Us
IUPUI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action educator and employer and affords reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.