Cloud Security Architect (Partial remote) (REMOTE)
Sonoma Consulting Inc.
Sonoma Consulting is one of the fastest growing Global IT Consulting and Executive Search providers with offices in Naperville IL; Chicago IL; Tyson's Corner VA and Hyderabad India.
Our clients range from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies throughout the world. We look to our large recruiting team to continue to build upon the high standards we have set and ways to continually improve our recruiting process around the speed and quality of the resources we deliver. The Sonoma team prides itself on best model for delivery of IT Resources in a 24/7 model, our high level of professionalism and integrity which enables us to create long-term, meaningful relationships with our clients.
• Analyze and design security solutions for applications and infrastructure, and provide expertise and consulting to clients;
• Identify and document information security risks and propose mitigating controls;
• Will be responsible for understanding complex business IT needs, requirements, and projects scopes, with a focus on information security requirements;
• Research, design, and develop new information security controls for clients;
• Assess current IT environments and make recommendations to increase security;
• Assist clients in troubleshooting and resolving information security issues;
• Author project and support documentation and diagrams; and
• Implement security solutions.
Urgent Contract Opportunity for Cloud Security Architect - Multiple Location (Partial remote)
• Assessed, developed and implemented, operationalized and documented comprehensive security technologies and processes;
• Secure software development, data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security (VPNs) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
• Architected solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other cloud providers and SOA for cloud-based services;
• Worked with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies;
• Performed security design/architecture reviews, code reviews, and penetration tests of large applications, systems and/or networks;
• Worked on large scale cloud based services (including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and understand security challenges involve in deploying Cloud Applications;
• Created and maintained security policies and procedures, managing the protection of information systems and assets;
• Performed threat modeling and design reviews assessing security implications and requirements introducing new technologies;
• Hand-on experience with multiple security technologies such as Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Vulnerability Scanning, WAF, Wireless LAN, NAC, DLP, DDoS Mitigation, WAN security, SIEM, Content Filtering, Cloud Security gateways, Secure Proxies, SSL crypto solutions
• Solid understanding of a range of compliance, regulatory and legal requirements and relevant principles, best practices and standards across multiple industries. Preferred industries: financial services, telecommunications. Examples would include: PCI, SOX, GLBA, CSA, PCI, NIST, ISO, IEEE, FedRAMP, HIPAA and TCG
• Have working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, SAML, Ping, Okta, etc) and key management (Safenet, Vormetric, other)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present materials with detailed technical specs, represent technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and making prudent technical risk decisions.
• Ability to collaborate and work well within a team
• Customer service orientation - an attitude of "yes, here's how", instead of "no"
• Flexibility to travel up to 30-50%
• Cloud security and/or architecture related certifications - AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Certified DevOps Engineer would be a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.