Location:2721 N Central Ave, Phoenix, Arizona 85036 United States of America
Are you experienced, tech-savvy, and looking for a new challenge? If so, consider becoming Oxford Life Insurance’s newest I-Series COBOL Developer. The technology staff at Oxford believes that good software and systems designs are integral to serving our customers. We believe that small empowered teams aligned with business leaders can do big things. We also believe in the right tool for the job, not language-as-religion. Our work environment promotes self-management with flexible hours and possible work from home days.
Oxford Life Insurance offers COBOL Developers:
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
- 401k and stock options
- Health insurance/benefits (including medical, dental & vision)
- Subsidized gym membership (including paid fitness classes)
- Life insurance
- Business and travel insurance
- MetLaw Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Discounts on Apple products, cell phone plans, hotels and more
- 24-hour physician available
COBOL Developer Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain code for core business
- Integrate I-series processes with new technologies
- Investigate and resolve defects
- Available for after hours and weekend on-call support
- Efficiently and effectively develop/test code on the fly for a variety of purposes including issue research/resolution and ad hoc reporting to upper management
COBOL Developer Minimum Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience developing software in COBOL on the I-series (AS/400)
- Strongest candidates will also have experience with SQL or RPG
- Excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Must have proof of U.S. employment authorization for this position.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.
AMERCO and its family of companies, including U-Haul, have strived to create a culture of health and wellness. As of February 1, 2020, and consistent with applicable state law, no AMERCO or U-Haul company will hire individuals in states where it may lawfully decline to hire individuals who use nicotine products. By continuing with this application, you are indicating that, if hired, you consent to nicotine screening in the future. This policy will not apply to team members hired before February 1, 2020.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.