Commercial Executive - Japanese language preferred
Microsoft Sydney Australia
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The Demand Response organization is a newly formed organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
Does the opportunity to work with customers to solve their technology and business make you tick? As the Demand Response Commercial Executive in Asia, you will work directly with top transformational customers, with your sales team and implementation partners to achieve quarterly and annual sales quotas - closing net-new commercial business, fostering a positive and collaborative experience for prospects to learn about, engage with and implement Microsoft products. You will hold business conversations with the customers to understand their needs and identify opportunities that meet the minimum qualification criteria for sales. You will be working with teams across Asia close complex deals and to coach the team on programmatic deals as needed. By applying best-in-class negotiation and commercial skills, you will positively impact the business.
Does the opportunity to work with customers to solve their technology and business make you tick?
Do you possess superior leadership, communications, and consultative capabilities? As a Commercial Executive, you will directly with customers and Partners to drive net new and annuity sales. The Commercial Executive contributes to the overall team plan by developing and coaching appropriate licensing strategies to grow net new Cloud and Sales Productivity and Cloud Platform revenue and annuity penetration. The Commercial Executive also develops and sells licensing solutions by driving customer licensing proposals and negotiates with partners and customers to maximize contract value and Customer Satisfaction.
- Drive Account penetration for volume licensing including Enterprise agreement attach / re-attach and cross-sell / up-sell opportunities, by designing and providing Microsoft Volume Licensing Solutions to Large Organizations and also supporting license compliancy initiatives.
- Provide licensing consultation (e.g. negotiating tactics, up-selling scenarios) to account and / or opportunity strategies in collaboration with the sales team and stakeholders
- Define, drive and execute on negotiation strategies and tactics while managing exceptions within “Field Empowerment” and work with Business Desk for beyond Field Empowerment scenarios.
- Coach sellers and partner ecosystem to close deals self-sufficiently and drive new annuity deals
- Develop financial analyses for customers, including MS financing scenarios (where applicable), TCO Analysis and Cost Savings through acquisition and deployment of Microsoft technology.
- Contribute to the licensing community and GLSE (Global Licensing Sales Excellence) by sharing best practices and insights on how to close Licensing Annuity Business.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic teaming environment with Demand Response sales teams to effectively manage opportunities and pipeline through the sales cycle
- Present action plans and results to management and use appropriate escalation techniques to stay on top of goals and objectives
- Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of sales, business experience, preferably in the software industry.
- English language required and Japanese language helpful.
- In-depth and strategic understanding of Microsoft licensing programs will be essential and is preferred but not required at hiring
- Positive attitude and a passion for working with customers and partners
- Excellent and demonstrated communication and presentation skills and problem solving abilities; ability to project manage effectively (identify needs, craft solution, drive to results); effective collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated planning expertise given complex environments; ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities and re-prioritize as necessary to align with current business objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral, written and verbal communications skills. Ability to successfully communicate with contacts via the phone, email, video and presentations
- Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.