Commercial Gas Engineer – £47k + Package (van mobile)
Van Mobile Commercial Gas Engineer
My client is a London-based organisation delivering M&E services for both the public and private sector. Providing a variety of services from one off installations and servicing, to capital investment schemes and planned preventative maintenance programs with an emergency call out service 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. They are looking to expand the commercial gas team by hiring a Commercial Gas Engineer to deliver exceptional workmanship across the London Boroughs.
* Undertake all allocated gas related reactive and planned maintenance tasks to a high standard.
* Complete tasks raised by the planning team within SLA requirements, with work orders raised and completed in real time,
* Providing updates of job statuses to planning team through the use of a PDA device for each job.
* Complete engineering surveys and technical reports as necessary, distributing all key data to relevant personnel, and uploading to a PDA.
* Ensure appropriate checks are carried out in line with current gas safety legislation and standards.
Gas Safe Registered.
Candidates must be in possession of the following ACS qualifications:
CCN1, CPA1, COCN1, CODNCO1, CDGA1, CIGA1, and TPCP1 or TPCP1A.
It would be desirable for candidates to be in possession of ACS qualifications: CORT1, ICPN1.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Thorough knowledge and experience (at least 5 years) with commission, service, repair and breakdown of pumps, pressurisation units, plate heat exchangers.
* Thorough knowledge and experience (at least 5 years) with forced draft burners (such as Riello, Nuway, Wieshaupt)
* Thorough knowledge and experience (at least 5 years) with boilers (such as Remeha, Hoval, Cochran, Potterton, Hamworthy) of sizes between 65Kw to 6Mw (combined).
* Mechanical and electrical components, BMS controls (Trend, Honeywell, Seachange) and electrical interlock systems (such as Gastech, Medam) and flue proving systems.
* BMS experience is also necessary.
* Use of a PDA to communicate and report back to a planning/support team.
* Safe working knowledge and experience of single and three phase electrical systems/testing.
* Experience with repairs and installation works on plant equipment.
* Knowledge of HASAWA 1974 and working practices in a construction or building services sector.
* Function and appreciation of gas fired water heaters in a commercial setting.
If this sounds like a good match for you, please call Abi Macnamara at Penguin Recruitment on 01792 365009
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.