Communications Associate (Full Time)
Interested in a communications position that offers you a dynamic international work environment, a healthy work life balance, and the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world? Join the New York office of ACCESS Health International, a global nonprofit dedicated to making quality healthcare accessible and affordable for all.
In your role as Communications Associate, you will work closely with the Director of Communications and the Chair and President of ACCESS Health to promote the work of the organization and help fulfil its overall vision to ensure that all people, no matter where they live, no matter what their age, have access to high quality and affordable healthcare and to lead healthy and productive lives.
As part of the role you may be asked, among other things, to:
· Write blog posts and articles for external publication;
· Edit ACCESS Health reports, articles, and interviews with experts;
· Collate articles and edit the monthly newsletter;
· Support publication and dissemination of ACCESS Health books and key reports;
· Develop posts for ACCESS Health social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn;
· Other communications support, as needed.
The position offers the opportunity to grow your understanding of communications and grow your voice as a writer while learning more about Covid-19, health systems strengthening, and healthcare innovations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: Recent journalism, public health, or communications graduate preferred, ideally with one or two years of experience.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent communication skills, especially written communications skills
- Excellent time management skills, a flexible approach, and ability to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative manner
- Knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products a must
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, WordPress design, and basic HTML a plus.
- Ability to handle tasks independently
ABOUT ACCESS HEALTH INTERNATIONAL:
ACCESS Health is an international think tank, advisory group, and implementation partner. We work to improve access to high quality and affordable healthcare. We also work to reduce health disparities by shaping the social and environmental determinants of health. We conduct practical, evidence based research. We cultivate partnerships. We foster health innovation. We establish long term, in residence, country and regional programs.Application instructions
Please apply by sending your resume and a cover letter. The last date for submission is August 15, 2020
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.