Community & Education Specialist
Posted by Lynelle Hills, UK Country Manager
Timely is the world’s smartest appointment booking software servicing over 38,000 users in the hair, beauty, and wellness industries all over the world. Our beautiful, user-friendly platform allows our customers to deliver exceptional client experiences and effortlessly manage their appointments, clients, sales, staff, stock, reporting and more.
Our customers are our sun and we believe that a seamless and memorable customer experience is the outcome of the experience that our people have within Timely. We live and breath our values, including ‘Bring your whole self to work’. We celebrate the things that make us individual at Timely and believe that better decisions are made and better products are created when people can be themselves.
We welcome and include people from all backgrounds and strive to make everyone feel like they belong at Timely.
We’re not your average tech company. We operate in a clustered remote model with 80+ people spread across Dunedin, Wellington, Auckland, Melbourne and Greater London. Our people make the most of #timelylife and are able to balance their personal and professional priorities well. We truly look after our people, so at Timely you can expect a fair remuneration and benefits package, including a wellness allowance and professional development fund.
What you’ll do
As the Community and Education Specialist you will support the Timely community of customers (and future customers!) with empathy, energy and helpful content that meets their needs and fosters advocacy, wherever they are in their Timely journey.
You’ll be responsible a range of things, including monitoring and engaging with our Timely social community hub: responding to comments and feedback, developing initiatives that foster a community culture, distributing content that is helpful to our customers and reporting on Community hub insights. You’ll be visible and supportive to our Industry community groups: advocating Timely and starting conversations to distribute Timely’s content and insights where helpful and appropriate. You’ll be responsible for product education content: own the planning, production and delivery of agreed customer education projects through various channels such as blogs, video, webinars/lives and social content, ensure education content and messaging is aligned to our brand, messaging and overall content strategy, surface ideas, opportunities and priorities that improve Timely’s approach to customer education, product adoption, up-sell and retention.
Above all you’ll be a trusted go-to person within our community to answer questions, receive feedback and support both current and prospective customers that engage with our content.
Communication is the most critical trait for the successful candidate in this role:
- An empathetic and confident communication style (written and verbal)
- Confidence interviewing people and presenting to camera live on social media is critical
- Ability to present with fun and energy that’s welcoming of guests and engages viewers
- Confidence communicating the value of our products and services alongside the technical how-tos
- Able to plan and clearly communicate priorities with colleagues and internal stakeholders
- Comfortable working remotely and flexing hours to catch up with colleagues in AU/NZ
- A self-starter with initiative to uncover opportunities
- Able to plan, prioritise and deliver work autonomously but also enjoy’s collaboration when projects call for it
- Experience using Timely as a customer (ideal, not required) and interest learning everything about our products and services so you can be the expert
- Experience creating and editing screen capture videos with voiceovers (ideal, not required)
- Previous experience in a customer support, community, marketing or social media role (ideal not required)
- Work from home permanently and have access to our shared work space in London when this re-opens
- We provide all the shiny new equipment you’ll need, a health & wellbeing budget as well as a fully-funded professional development budget that you can use for extra training, conferences, workshops, etc
- You must be legally entitled to work in the UK
- Start ASAP!
People join us because they want to belong to a company that walks the walk and puts their people first. Sound good to you? Don’t wait any longer…click ‘Apply’ and we can connect
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.