Community Manager (Remote)
Mattermost provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to the world’s leading organizations that allows teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads / month our customers include Intel, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises technologies.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Ready to manage a thriving open source community and grow it wildly fast?
As a Community Manager for an inclusive, international, remote-only company, you will be responsible for managing all community operations. The role is for someone who is self-motivated, resourceful, and a team player. We value employees delivering high impact work, showing ownership and self-awareness, and being focused on customer success.Responsibilities:
- Grow and nurture a passionate online peer-to-peer user community
- Celebrate community successes and recognize top contributors
- Create and manage new community programs to drive global engagement and brand awareness
- Partner with product and engineering to support developer relationsOrganize meetups, events, and speaking engagements
- Partner with content marketing to share use cases, best practices and success stories from the user community
- Prior community management or social media management experience preferred
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Relentlessly resourceful, who drives to overcome obstacles and has a bias to taking action immediately
- Ability to collaborate with team members and the user community to achieve common objectives
- A growth mindset and an approach to new information and knowledge with curiosity
- A challenge seeker who desires and readily takes on new challenges and works towards solutions
This role is primarily hired in Canada. Full-time role is considered for exceptionally strong candidates.
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
If you would be living and working from a location not listed above, we encourage you to continue to apply so we can be in touch when we are able to hire in your country/region, and we recommend that you frequently check our openings as this list will be updated regularly. In the meantime, you can become a Mattermost Contributor anytime, we would love to see you there!
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences.
Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.