Complaints and Reportable Incident Officer
An opportunity has arisen for a Complaints & Reportable Incident Officer to work within a busy office for an Independent regulator that works very closely with various Disability Services Organisation. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to utilise there exceptional customer service and problem solving skills and previous experience dealing with complaints and incidents. This role is to start in September 2020 for 6 months with the option to extend for a further 6 months depending on performance. This role is working 37.5 hours per week, Monday through to Friday and based in Melbourne’s Eastern Suburbs.
Some of your other duties will include but are not limited to:
- Management of a caseload of complaints and incidents about the provision of supports and services by Disability providers, including assessing moderately complex complaints and incidents and contributing to complaints and incident handling activities including conciliations
- Assisting in the escalation of incidents for investigation or other action where necessary.
- Support providers in identifying incidents, preventing and effectively responding to abuse and neglect, of people with a disability and provide information about the Commission’s reportable incidents handling function.
- Assist in the education and training in relation to the effective handling of complaints and incidents to inform and educate participants, providers and the public about the Commission’s complaint and handling functions
- Contribute to the documentation of process and procedures to support the implementation, operation and monitoring of the complaints and incidents handling function
- Develop productive working relationships with a range of stakeholders to facilitate the work of the complaints handling function, and the Commission more broadly
- Provide advice about trends and issues through the assessment and analysis of information gathered during the complaints process.
The successful candidate will have had previous experience working in a similar role where you have had to manage a caseload of complaints that you have had to administer as well as managing certain incidents. If you have worked within the Disability or Human Services Industry this would be an advantage but not a necessity. You will have a positive empathetic attitude, and be able to build effective relationships and can adapt quickly to a changing working environments and conflicting demands. You will work closely with internal stakeholders, local area coordinators, participants and their carers therefore excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
If you are interested in this role, then please APPLY NOW by attaching your Cover Letter and Resume. If you are successful for this role you will be required to undertake Entry Level Checks.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.