Metro Trains Melbourne
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
We are currently seeking a Completions Engineer for work on our Level Crossing Removal Project. This large-scale project will benefit train users, pedestrians, cyclists and drivers by improving safety, reducing congestion and enabling more frequent train services. Reporting to the Completions Manger, in this role you will provide support to the Level Crossing Removal Program (LXRP) within the central LXRP Completions Team. This is a full time, permanent position based in Melbourne’s CBD & may also require travel to site project offices where required.
- Monitoring and reporting on progress by Alliances
- Training and support to Alliance completions teams in MTM processes and requirements relating to Completions & Asset Handover processes
- Review of submissions (EACRs, images, Forms and Certificates) for completeness and quality prior to submission to infrastructure / upload
- Engineering tertiary qualification
- Experience in a similar role with an emphasis Victorian Rail industry an advantage
- •Demonstrated experience using a high level of accuracy and working to tight timescales
- •Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff (verbal and written)
- •Ability to follow occupational health, safety and environmental procedures in the rail industry
- •Ability to manage, use and maintain administrative systems
- •Ability to effectively plan and prioritise work and meet completion schedules
Why work for Metro?
- Career development and opportunities to learn new skills
- Collaborative team of passionate people
- Employee benefits & incentives including Free public transport in Victoria
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Please submit your application by COB 13th August 2020.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.