Compliance & Credentialing Specialist
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
Job ID: 292133Department
GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION (IN-RSDT-IUINA)Job Summary
Verify documents/processes and assist in the MEDHUB Onboarding Enrollment Portal for the School of Medicine residents and fellows in all departments. Enter all information from the MATCH sheets and Contract Request forms into MEDHUB database. Track receipt of pre-employment forms and processes. Assist in ensuring compliance of residents and fellows with all conditions of appointment, such as background check, oversight of I-9 process, physician ID #, medical licensure, verification of credentials, etc. This includes running various reports and monitoring that resident and fellow data is accurate and up to date in database system.
Interpret policies and provide guidance and instruction to program directors and other program personnel on selection and recruitment of international medical graduates (IMGs). Serve as primary liaison to Office of International Affairs and ECFMG in directing, communicating, resolving, and completing all activities related to IMGs.
Provide primary administrative oversight in processing the onboarding and validation of new J-1 international medical school graduates for visas and ECFMG (Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates) certification. Additionally, collect, via email, and upload all documents for J-1 renewals. Assist in guiding other visa-related trainees (H1B's and other types) to the correct department for visa processing.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Using the MEDHUB Enrollment Database, verify, and process all new and renewal contract letters of appointment for the School of Medicine residents and fellows in all programs. This includes coordinating and the processing of residents and fellows reappointment/terminations and updating MEDHUB GME database system.
- Process visiting resident documents. Ensure that the documents are uploaded into the MEDHUB portal and also that proper licensure forms are sent to the IPLA and trainee is license by the start date of their rotation.
- Monitor compliance with all conditions of appointment, such as background checks, I-9, medical licensure, National provider identifier (NPI), documentation verifciation, and other document credentials. Update data and run reports such as match report, annual resident stipend report, demographic report, termination report, H1B report, and J-1 report.
- Provide administrative support in processing documents required by international medical school graduate, J-1 visas, J-1 scholars, and ECFMG certification. Track receipt of government documents relating to all visa types and processes as necessary.
- Using the VMS ystem, reserve rooms, provide call in numbers, and monitor attendance.
- Two years of college.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, and Acrobat Adobe.
- Active listening and strong communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking, prioritization, and coordination skills.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of graduate medical education, ACGME, WebADS, NRMP, ERAS, and Medhub.
- Administrative support experience and previous knowledge of ECFMG requirements for processing sponsorships for visas for residency and fellowships.
Equipment utilized: general office equipment, including phone, copier, fax, projector, scanner, polycom, and videoconferencing.Work Location
Indianapolis, IndianaJob Classification
Salary Plan: CL
Salary Grade: 08
Job Function: FinanceEqual Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Contact Us
IUPUI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action educator and employer and affords reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.