Construction Coordinator Birmingham, AL
Date posted 07/01/2020
Requisition Number: BR
Location: United States - Alabama - Birmingham
Area of Interest: Construction, Field Operations, Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
What is your goal?
As Construction Coordinator, you simplify and enhance the customer experience by carrying out construction process steps from start to finish, attending to details large and small. You enjoy sketching Hybrid Fiber Coaxial (HFC) installation plans for the design team to produce and drawing up line extension layouts. You're also comfortable preparing system maps and/or print packages for authorized contractors. When projects are completed, update as-built maps with system changes per company design specifications.
What is the role?
With guidance, oversee small-scale residential HFC construction projects, including permitting and make-ready processes. Tasks will include validating plan designs based on company records and gathering relevant information regarding the project's scope. Being familiar with physical construction prints and network maps, you can collaborate with engineers and developers to perform site surveys of proposed projects for outside plant design. On the financial side, you're experienced at making cost estimates and ordering needed materials. Once the project is approved, ensure funding, materials, permits, and contractors are assigned to it, along with in-house teams and contract resources for building, repairing and maintaining the HFC plant. Verify plans meet both customer and company expectations and communicate them with your Project Manager or designated supervisor. Construction will be based on the materials you order.
Upon completion of the construction project, assess the work performed using quality control inspections in accordance with Technical Quality Assurance (TQA) standards. You will be responsible for submitting all as-builts for completed projects to the design team and managing the financial aspects of construction for the life of the project as well as compliance in regards to footage, passings and addresses.
It's about learning and growing, with a deliberate path to success
There are many opportunities to grow and succeed at Spectrum, and we're proud when our people achieve more. Progress through Coordinator levels by participating in in-house training courses to help you develop a solid background and increased understanding of the business and processes. Build a strong foundation for a career that progresses as you do.
The benefits are clear
In addition to the core benefits industry-leading retirement savings and 401(k) plans, comprehensive healthcare, including dental and vision, flexible spending, expanded family leave, and paid training and time off we offer free Spectrum products and services where available, tuition reimbursement, and a selection of other programs to support team members and their families.
What it takes to get started:
The minimum requirements for the Construction Coordinator role include:
- Communication skills. These are essential to your success as you interact with team members, customers and suppliers, in person, on the phone, and in writing in a clear, straight-forward and professional manner.
- Strength and endurance. This is also a very physical role, so you should be comfortable moving over a variety of terrains; operating a range of small tools, including handheld tools and meters; bending, reaching, twisting and lifting, including in tight spaces; climbing and wearing safety equipment; and being generally active a large portion of your time. You will also work with fine components like thin cable wires and be able to differentiate their colors and sizes.
- Knowledge of and adherence to industry-specific local, state, and federal regulations, and with company policies. You have knowledge of National Electric Codes and National Electrical Safety Codes, and a secure grasp of basic math and electronics principles.
High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E) preferred
1+ year Maintenance Technician or equivalent work experience
Construction work experience preferred
Certifications and/or Licenses
Our construction coordinators drive company-provided vehicles. You will have a valid driver's license, and you should have a safe driving record within company standards.
In The Field
Every day brings something different, so you should be comfortable working in a lot of different settings, like:
- High, outdoor places (for example, telephone poles and roofs) in all weather conditions, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Your flexibility in scheduling is appreciated as you may be asked to work overtime, as part of an on-call rotation, on weekends or second shift, or to perform emergency call outs as needed.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to virtually meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
FCC Unit: 13553
Business Unit: Field Operations
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.