Consultant, Scrum Master - Remote
National Australia Bank
- Lead, inspire and make a difference
- Progressive & agile culture
- We embrace diversity & inclusion at our core
- Sydney based role
Your new role awaits
This role will support Agile Delivery Squads delivering Data Engineering business outcomes of value across NAB. It achieves this by providing best practice support, including coaching and governance to these squads and particularly their Engineering Managers and Leads. The role will cover the below key focus areas:
- Uplifting agile delivery through support and coaching of data engineering squads
- Ensuring consistency and discipline in delivery through defining and governing to standards and measures
- Provide Scrum Master capability to delivery teams through progression to self-organised teams
- Support squads in aligning to internal and external value stream release trains
- Support delivery outcomes
Day to day you will:
- Help establish persistent delivery teams and facilitate agile delivery based on organisation's agile approach
- Work with engineers, product owners, business analyst and other key stakeholders to break down work and prioritise iterative incremental delivery of business value
- Support engineering managers and value stream leads to plan and provide financial and resource forecasts based on delivery pipeline
- Facilitate and support workshops like feature/epic estimation, sprint planning and delivery showcases
- Play an active role in coaching and influencing delivery teams, engineering managers and other key stakeholders in agile delivery
- Adaptive team leadership capabilities including the ability to build productive team dynamics and coach for performance
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, unsupervised, and help drive cultural change
- Proven ability to consult and facilitate discussion regarding alternative approaches and build consensus across a broad stakeholder group
- Proven experience in building and running Communities of practice on Agile delivery, including adoption of proven best practices from the industry.
- Work with engineering teams to baseline delivery measures and drive continuous improvement.
What you will bring:
- Strong Agile Project delivery & coaching experience
- Strong background in Data and working in Data engineering teams
- Able to lead through engaging, influencing and motivating your peers & stakeholders
- Proven track record of building stakeholder engagement, communication and successful implementation of initiatives
- Experienced in establishing delivery measurement metrics
- Good communication skills - both listening & engaging
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.
Advertised: 22 Jun 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.