Controller - McCann NA
REPORT TO: Chief Financial Officer
The Controller has overall responsibility for all of the accounting functions and ensuring that the agency has the proper controls and procedures in place to comply with all Canadian and American legal and regulatory requirements. This position ensures that the Corporation’s assets are safeguarded and the information needs of the various users are properly fulfilled on a timely basis. Will work closely with the Director of FP&A, the Director of Client Finance and the VP, Director of Operations in Canada as well as SVP, North American Controller in NY and the rest of the NY finance team.
- Oversee all internal and external financial reporting.
- Liaison with FP&A and Client Finance on budgeting, billing, and paying functions.
- Liaison with the VP, Director of Operations on various special projects.
- Ensure strong internal control environment and compliance with Sarbanes Oxley regulations in the US, under the direct guidance and in consultation with McCann North America.
- Ensure IPG standard policies and procedures are followed and that all controls and procedures are in accordance GAAP under the direct guidance and in consultation with McCann North America.
- Stewardship function over company assets.
- Review and approve financial reports.
- Ensure revenue is accrued according to proper accounting and revenue recognition policies and procedures; obtain guidance and instruction from McCann North America if necessary.
- Approval of invoicing received from suppliers.
- Work with FP&A team on forecasting of overhead expenses.
- Tracking of revenue achieved.
- Database and systems management-overseeing function to ensure system meets user needs & has proper controls in place.
- Reviewing & approving expense reports for compliance with policy and reasonableness.
- Preparation of non client contracts and/or reviewing contracts prepared by clients to ensure that the agency interests are protected. Liaise with McCann North America when necessary on Global Contracts and any Client related reporting.
- Determine credit worthiness of new clients (including assessment of Dun & Bradstreet and other information) and establish credit procedures; liaise with IPG Treasury in Omaha in order to obtain approval for credit as per policy.
- Reviewing company results monthly and comparing against targets.
- Review & approval of various balance sheet accounts and follow-up to ensure reconciling items are dispensed with in a timely manner.
- Liaison with IPG tax department on all tax related items.
- Planning and implementation of new technology affecting accounting systems.
- Liaison with auditors (client, internal, external and government).
- Liaison with the bank and banking officials regarding cheques cashed, bank balances and policies and procedures.
- Other duties/assignments as they arise.
McCann is an EEO/AA M/F/Disability/Vet Employer
Participant in E-Verify
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.