Cook 1/2/3 / Chef de Partie / Demi Chef (Culinary/Pastry)
The Cook, Chef de Partie, and Demi Chef (Culinary/Pastry) works with Sous Chef and Executive Chef in contributing to all menu creation and creating great experience for guests. Duties include managing and training the kitchen team to deliver consistent food quality, managing food cost controls through good management of orders and supplies to Capella, and supervising the preparation and production of all hot or cold food items to ensure that they are in compliance with the prescribed recipes and specifications.
- Assist supervisor in creating new dishes and arranging sample tasting for management.
- Assist in plating up special event meals as assigned.
- Monitor the supply of food items and review wastage for appropriate adjustment in future preparation.
- Check the store requisitions prepared by team. Ensure that the received products meet the predetermined quality and purchasing specifications.
- Ensure that the workstations are clean and sanitized and prepare safety procedures are observed by the cooks at all times.
- Ensure the proper handling and storage of food so as to keep spoilage to a minimum.
- Research new menu items.
- Ensure that all operating equipment are in good working conditions and advise supervisor to raise repair and maintenance request when necessary.
- Perform duties in other areas of kitchen as assigned.
- Diploma in Culinary or equivalent vocational training certificate.
- Minimum 2 years experience in culinary field
- Has Hotel experience in the luxury sector or Upscale Restaurant
- Possess Singapore Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Must be competent in regional Asian food, Western comfort food, and breakfast preparation
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.