Coordinator, Housing Operations and Assignments
La Salle University
The Coordinator, Housing Operations and Assignments responsibilities include assignments, billing, key inventory, and residence hall access control. The Coordinator is responsible for managing the University's housing system and ensuring that all appropriate housing related policies and procedures are in place and communicated. The Coordinator serves as a liaison with the Residence Life team, La Salle Dining, Student Accounts Receivable, Financial Aid, Facilities Management, and other related departments regarding housing operations to ensure a quality student residential experience. The Coordinator assists the Assistant to the VP with housing and dining related appeals processes and supervises two Graduate Student Assistants who oversee the Student Security Desk Receptionist Program. As a member of the Student Affairs team, the Coordinator serves as a resource for residential students and advocates to improve the quality of students' residence life experience.Essential Duties
- Manage information, processes and follow-up for University housing-related services (currently through Adirondack "The Housing Director") including:
- Housing assignments and billing (over $15 million annually)
- Housing assignment change requests and adjustments to billing.
- Medical accommodation requests.
- Maintain and respond to requests to share records that are in compliance with the University's privacy policies and FERPA.
- Emotional Support Animal applications and approvals.
- Dog-Friendly Residence Hall applications and approvals.
- Minor Guest Visitation requests and approvals.
- Oversee logistics, planning and implementation of the following processes.
- On-campus housing check-in and move-out.
- Management of door combination changes, key requests and card access change requests in association with the Physical Facilities staff.
- Management of physical key inventory, distribution and repair/replacement.
- Coordinate lock and/or combination changes and key requests with Facilities Management including maintaining a log of all change requests with students.
- Housing early arrival and extension requests for all residential students during breaks and closure time periods.
- Collaborate with University stakeholders (faculty/staff) to:
- Support development and maintenance of a positive experience for Admission events and tours.
- Develop and update printed and online resources that demonstrate options and represent on campus living for current and prospective students with Marketing and Communications.
- Oversee housing occupancy and billing processes that align with and support Student Accounts Receivable and Financial Aid.
- Support the development and maintenance of online Room Condition Inventories and damage billing process that support shared goals with Facilities and Residence Life.
- Manage move-in and move-out processes and common area damage billing in partnership with Residence Life.
- Support Dining Services by managing default systems for required meal plans and overseeing a Housing and Dining Information system that supports their needs.
- Manage records for the required residency policy and requests from students to change resident to commuter status:
- Process the submission of all required forms.
- Track compliance and participation.
- Identify students not in compliance and oversee communication that resolves any issues.
- Reconcile full-time/part-time status changes for resident students.
- Support the Assistant to the VP to receive and review for approval all requests for exemptions to the policy and procedures.
- Support the Assistant to the Vice President by:
- Reviewing requests for housing contract release for new and returning residential students.
- Participate in the Contract Release/Adjustment Request Review Team.
- Managing government related census reporting.
- Supporting the Finance division of the University with accurate and prudent data to aid in informing University leadership about the performance of the housing operation and projected performance in the future.
- Develop and oversee a collaborative assessment program of the overall student residential experience with the Director of Residence Life.
- Foster a work environment that encourages knowledge, respect and development of skills to engage with diverse members of the La Salle community.
- Remain competent and current through understanding national trends in residence life, by developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development experiences, and attending training and/or courses required by the Assistant to the Vice President and the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management by performing all other duties assigned by the Assistant to the Vice President
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two years of professional experience in higher education, with increasing responsibilities and emphasis in managing systems and developing effective collaboration.
- Ability to understand information systems and how they work together to automate processes
- Ability to modify business practices to increase efficiency and productivity are essential
- Ability to manage multiple, highly detailed tasks with regular interruptions is vital to success
- Strong customer service and problem resolution skills
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of La Salle University.
- Master's degree in counseling, student personnel, higher education, business or other relevant field.
- Working knowledge of legal and compliance issues related student housing and occupancy agreements.
- Familiar with Banner software functionality. Able to reconcile assignment and billing codes.
- Extensive experience working with university public safety, student counseling,
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations in an urban setting
- Familiarity with University policies and procedures.
- Understands Student Development and the impact of facilities on resident students.
- Broad knowledge in the areas of facilities management, space planning and allocation, security, fire and safety and emergency preparedness.
NoneApplication Open Date: 07/03/2020
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.