Coordinator of Sterile Processing - Atrium Health Cabarrus - FT
Job Req ID: 233929
Position Number: 00123248
Employment Type: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Sterile Proc/Distribution
Location: Atrium Health Cabarrus
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealthJob Summary
Serves as liaison between the Sterile Processing Department (SPD), distribution and the user departments inside and outside the healthcare facility. Manages daily functions in the SPD ensuring that established infection control practices are followed. Processes and exchanges items requiring sterilization from units, clinics, and facilities inside and out of CHS.
- Supervises and coordinates the organization and cleanliness of the department.
- Monitors schedule and works with the manager to adjust staffing according to work volume and complexity.
- Functions as a liaison to clinical managers of user departments.
- Maintains supply inventory, making revisions to par levels as needed.
- Reviews instrument trays, medication management, and exchanges medical equipment, carts and procedure trays as applicable.
- Assists in utilizing customer feedback to identify and implement programs for improving services.
- Assists the OR service coordinators with the acquisition of instruments and trays.
- Maintains documentation process for loaner instrumentation delivery and removal.
- Assists with updating and maintaining manufactures recommendations for cleaning, packaging, sterilization and storage of instruments and equipment.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Requires bending, stooping, reaching, and stretching. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and be able to push and pull heavy loads. Acuity in vision and hearing. Dexterity in both hands and fingers. Intact sense of smell and touch. Must be able to work under pressure and perform repetitive motion tasks.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or GED required. Current SPD certification required. Minimum 3 years central or sterile processing experience required. Supervisory experience in a healthcare setting preferred. Ability to read, write and comprehend English preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.