Cost Scheduling Analyst
Status: Contract (24-months)
Education Level:University degree in Engineering, Science or Business
Location(s): Pickering, ON
Travel: Yes- 10%
Deadline to Apply:July 16, 2020
BE THE GENERATION to challenge and change.
At Ontario Power Generation (OPG), our values are our strengths. They are
fundamental truths about us that don t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellenc
People and Citizenship. We operate a diverse portfolio of generation assets
including nuclear, hydroelectric, biomass and solar, and offer challenging and
unique work opportunities. BE THE GENERATION to power tomorrow.
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is looking for a project management professional
to join our team in the role of Cost & Schedule Analyst based in our Pickering,
ON location supporting our Nuclear divison with a focus on Major Projects.
The Cost & Schedule Analyst is responsible for providing support to the Section
Manager through information accumulation, analysis and problem-solving for work
planning and control which includes project planning, schedule and cost
analysis, and functional support.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will
contribute to Ontario Power Generation s continued growth and success in
being Ontario s low cost electricity generator of choice.
* Analyze specified areas of cost and schedule performance.
* Identify performance variances regarding actual versus planned results.
* Identify significant risks to achieving planned results.
* Recommend corrective actions to better align planned and actual results.
* Consult with Department staff and others to determine options.
* Produce required reports such as predictive reporting, statistical
reports and progress reports.
* As assigned, participate in the development and implementation of
specified protocols to be employed in planning work and the preparation
of schedules e.g. work categories, prioritization rules, procedures and
* As assigned, develop Division-specific procedures, instructions,
guidelines that facilitate the two-way flow of cost and schedule
* Develop and maintain models relating cost and schedule performance to the
* Provide input and direction to the Section Manager, with respect to the
preparation of outputs by Technicians, the updating of schedules and work
plan information to reflect actual performance; and, the production of
cost and schedule reports as required.
* 4-year university degree, Engineering, Science or Business
* Project Management Institute (PMI) certification is considered an asset
* 2 6 years of experience working within a work group and performing
all aspects of the Work Control, Cost Control or Programming function.
* Experience working in multi-disciplinary and multi-phase long term
* Knowledge and solid understanding of the interrelationships and role of
organizational units, interrelationships between work groups, external
contractors and consultants involved, and the mechanics of resolving any
* Proficient with Primavera6 (P6).
* Practical experience working in a generation facility, Engineering or
Waste Operations to understand aspects of work programs and projects
associated with cost engineering, work program planning and program
* Experience with the application of work methods, resourcing of work,
logical sequencing of events and resolution of common problems in these
* Ability to communicate well, both verbally and written, is essential.
* Ability to present information clearly and effectively.
* Comfortable working with / learning the application of various computer
systems and software.
As Ontario s largest clean energy generator, OPG offers an exciting
combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work
environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an OPG employee means
you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable
contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario's success.
At OPG, our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our
organization that don t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and
Here's why OPG might just be the ideal workplace for you:
* Exceptional range of opportunities province-wide
* Long-term career growth and development opportunities
* Electricity is vital to the province
If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something
important, and you are excited about the future of power generation, you
will find the right fit at OPG.
Our promise to you:
* We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our
* A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
* Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
* Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions, such as Launchpad
* Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we
* We support employment equity and diversity.
Please submit your application online at by 11:59
PM E.S.T., July16, 2020. OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only
candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible
environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If
you require accommodation during the application or interview process,
please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be
If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.