Crop Protection Regulatory Affairs
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and
resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply
scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we
invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All
of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle
critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and
environmental management. Battelle s work is grounded in the belief that
science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more
competitive and the world a better place.
Battelle s Infrastructure and Environment (I&E) Business Unit is currently
seeking candidates for a full time, permanent position as a Project/Program
Manager Crop Protection Regulatory Affairs. This position is located in
Washington, DC area.
* Provide high level regulatory advice and lobbying services to
Battelle s Crop Protection Services clients in North America.
* Attract and retain new clients through the provision of a highly
professional and timely regulatory affairs service.
* Develop new regulatory projects with a wide variety of clients
(principally) in the agrochemical industry sector in North America, using
both in-house and external resources.
* Act as the Coordinator for clients on their regulatory projects liaising
as necessary with colleagues in Battelle and with regulatory
professionals in client organizations.
* Advise clients on regulatory requirements in the North American market
and propose regulatory solutions to achieve product registrations.
* Clearly define budgets and timelines for client regulatory projects and
ensure these are adhered to as each regulatory project progresses.
* Recommend and assess strategies for overcoming product regulatory
concerns (e.g. additional studies, modelling etc.).
* Assist clients in determining their product regulatory strategies in
North America, in particular the present and future political hurdles
that have to be overcome.
* Assist clients in lobbying the relevant regulatory and industry bodies
(EPA, USDA, FDA, etc.) to position their business and products to achieve
future regulatory successes. This may involve engaging the scientific and
regulatory communities, non-governmental organizations, media and the
public, using methods such as common research projects, attending
meetings/scientific symposia, presentations etc.
* Assist in maintaining a relevant product regulatory database.
* Develop and successfully utilize an excellent professional network both
internally in Battelle and with relevant external bodies (regulatory,
* Minimum BS/BA degree in the agricultural, biological, physical or
chemical sciences, or related field.
* At least 10 years experience in agrochemical regulatory affairs and
good knowledge of the relevant US legislation governing the registration
of crop protection products. This may have been gained in either an agro-
industry company or a CRO.
* Experience in a marketing or business development function involving the
promotion of regulatory consultancy services.
* Good oral and written communication skills. Excellent spoken and written
* Available to travel as required, mostly within the U.S.
* Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
* Used to working as part of a team and on own initiative, as required.
* Must be a U.S. Person with ability to obtain and maintain government
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
* M.S. or Ph.D. in in the agricultural, biological, physical or chemical
sciences, or related field.
* Fluency in other languages (e.g. Spanish) is advantageous.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work
being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of
staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to
commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's
Battelle s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and
dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts,
disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection
for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation,
training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information,
disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under
applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to
have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve
personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for
equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at
all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.