Curriculum Product Manager
Pearson Online & Blended Learning K-12
Curriculum Product Manager will work as part of the Curriculum Product Management team. Product Managers serve as industry and product experts for the portfolio they manage, assessing the market and customer need, creating a product strategy, defining the roadmap for the product, monitoring its development and delivery, and communicating with internal and external stakeholders. The team works closely with various delivery owners (e.g., educators, program managers, marketers, business development) to ensure the customer and market needs are met by Pearson’s products.
The Curriculum Product Manager will work closely with departments across Pearson OBL to ideate, initiate, receive, and manage the prioritization of requests for new courses and course updates across various subject areas, including Humanities, STEM, and Career and Technical Education (CTE); and participate in the management of the lifecycle of the courses in their specialty area. To accomplish this, the Curriculum Product Manager must continually analyze all relevant markets and requirements from a current and prospective customer, technology, and competitive perspective, taking into consideration the current market environment, potential future developments, specific and broader industry trends, available data analysis, and the company’s ability to address such conditions in a timely and competitive fashion now and in the future. Reporting to the Vice President of Curriculum Product Management, the Curriculum Product Manager will use a high level of industry and product knowledge, and critical thinking to prioritize requests, inform the multi-year strategy for the company, develop and refine the product roadmap, and ensure successful communication and implementation of all agreed-upon initiatives and their outcomes.
Primary Responsibilities :
● Collaborate with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Curriculum Development, the Agile Release Train Engineer, Program Management, Marketing, Training and Go-to-Market, and other cross-functional areas to develop, refine, and share product vision, while ensuring its execution through the development and periodic refinement of key requirements.
● Develop expertise in a portfolio of products/services and manage them throughout the Pearson product lifecycle. Specifically, collaborate on the management and prioritization of requests for new courses, course updates, and course customizations across various subject areas and customers.
● Develop and continually refine vision and roadmap, development features, and user stories for OBL’s curriculum-based products based on our strategic priorities and agile management of priorities and capacity.
● Participate and manage meetings with stakeholders to prioritize development requests in accordance with SAFe methodology. This will involve working closely with a variety of departments, including Product Owners, Scrum Masters, the Agile Release Train Engineer, Curriculum Development, Governance, Program Management, Program Quality, and Marketing.
● Leverage Pearson’s market research, competitive intelligence, and user experience research capabilities to reflect the voice of the customer in all curriculum roadmaps
● Ensure all stakeholder voices are heard and clear priorities are set for delivery teams.
● Clearly communicate business value to the team and stakeholders, articulating both the product’s value proposition, as well as defining and measuring its metrics success
● Keep abreast of industry trends, technologies, and competitive analyses to identify new opportunities and initiatives which ultimately serve the long-term strategy
● Collaborate with the Vice President of Curriculum Product Management and other Product Management team members to prioritize development requests, inform the multi-year product strategy for the company, develop and refine the product roadmap, and ensure successful communication and implementation of all agreed-upon initiatives and their outcomes.
General Responsibilities :
● Relationship Management
o Build expertise and empathy for the customers and learners that use our curriculum, services, and software products
o Develop rapport and trust with business owners and key stakeholders
● Business Management
Support continual process improvement by proposing optimizations for any aspect of the environment and lifecycle
● Bachelor’s degree
● 5-7 years demonstrated experience and success in leading and/or managing a product portfolio and working in an agile development methodology.
● Experience with efforts to ensure that customer needs are understood and met with customer experience central to product/service definition, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
● Experience collaborating on the development of product roadmaps that feed into company strategy, including detailed technological implementations.
● Successful experience in understanding the needs of the business.
● Demonstrated ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment where recommendations drive strategy
● Strong problem solving, analytical, critical-thinking, and project management skills
● Ability to learn quickly and use sound business judgement at all times
● Curious, self-motivated, and self-directed, while maintaining the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to present findings to management. Must be able to translate data into information, then highlight insights and conclusions to provide business recommendations that can be acted upon;
● Ability to develop strong relationships and work with management in various departments of the company
● Excellent customer service skills
● Experience working in K-12 or Higher Ed online education industry
● Master’s degree in education, business, or related field
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.