Customer Relations Specialist
The Customer Relations Specialist will manage BUPA Australia's escalated Customer and Ombudsman complaints. You will identify root causes of complaints and provide coaching and feedback to stakeholders on complaint resolution.
This is a critical and instrumental part of the business providing input through complaint insights into initiatives aimed at improving our customers’ experience.
This role offers the opportunity to work from home from any location in Australia. Extensive recent experience in a dispute resolution focussed role and working in a Health Insurance or complex industry background is preferable.
About the role and about you:
- Engage with key internal stakeholders such as lawyers, doctors, policy makers, marketing, the social media team and hospital accounts managers to name a just a few key departments.
- Have the opportunity to uncover and resolve complaints drivers at root cause, improving our brand and improving our customer service more than just one call at a time.
- Be involved in workshops and calibrations and be asked for your advice and feedback on various strategic business decisions.
- Have a passion for resolving customers issues and championing their needs by finding a balanced approach that meets both business and customer requirements.
- Be resilient - work through tough cases with patience, diligence and an unbiased approach whilst maintaining your composure through a mature and professional attitude to your work.
- Have exceptional emotional intelligence. It is what sets you apart. You really live by the Bupa Value “putting yourself in the customers shoes” to hear their needs whilst quickly adapting your approach and tone to suit the customer.
- Be a great problem solver through your investigation skills to identify root cause as well as be able to work autonomously to make quick decisions without always being able to get a second opinion.
- You will be a collaborator, working with internal business units in order to deliver timely outcomes and drive change.
- Be able to see things from various perspectives and not be afraid to adapt your perspective and a situation unfolds or further information becomes available.
- Negotiate the right outcome that has a balanced approach for both customer and Bupa.
- Excellent communication skills. Your ability to write accurate, professional emails and articulate your ideas and explanations with a "say it once, say it right" attitude is a must.
- Have a good understanding of your KPIs and a desire to support the business to maintain SLAs through timely completion of cases.
- Be able to work as a team capable of giving and receiving feedback from your peers as well as rallying to support each other during busy periods.
- Be comfortable in the grey - work within the rules and policies but understand that many of our cases do not have a one-size-fits-all solution. Be creative and think outside the box to help members but still within the confines of your authority.
- Have good time and case management skills - be able to plan ahead, manage your workload and plan your day to resolve within deadlines.
- Take ownership - handle cases end to end. Take pleasure in being accountable for a member’s case and see it through in a timely manner while keeping the member informed.
- Hone your Apollo skills - get ahead of the curve and become an Apollo master in our new system.
- Learn from the some of the experts - leverage the knowledge and networks of a tenured team to reach quick, just and accurate outcomes for our members.
Quite simply, we are extraordinary. BUPA are a world leading health & care group with over 23,000 people in Australia and New Zealand and a global presence in 190 countries! We are part of a global family that reinvests its profits to provide better services for our members. We believe this is the only way to truly put customers first.
Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier and happier lives and everything that we do is for the health and care of our members. We're making a difference in health & care through our leading health insurance, general insurance, modern Dental clinics, Bupa Optical stores, Bupa GP clinics and Therapy hubs and Bupa Medical Visa Services. As well as personalised care at over 72 Bupa Aged Care Homes.
BUPA believes in hiring the best talent in the market. We are known for our vibrant, high performing and incredibly rewarding workplace and we take pride in creating exceptional and meaningful work experiences. With a belief in innovation, we deliver award winning benefits to our employees and encourage involvement within our communities.
Our people reflect the diversity of our community. At Bupa, your wellbeing, identity and own story is respected and valued - find out more by visiting www.bupa.com.au
Find purpose in your career at Bupa.
To be considered, please click APPLY NOW.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.