Customer Service Consultant - Resolution
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people.
If you’re set on making real change for tomorrow, we have the scale, resources and ambition to get it started today.
Now’s an extraordinary time to work with us. We’re taking the lead on renewables and expanding our products to make them more sustainable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
That’s what we call progress. To achieve it, we’re bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, backgrounds and talent – and we need yours too!
- Virtual Interviews
- Role based onsite in Docklands
- All our employees are the same: Different
Meet anyone in our Customer Solutions team and you’ll see a common thread. We’re vibrant, innovative, helpful and always focused on one thing: our customers. Working as part of our team means putting our customers at the heart. We genuinely connect and empathise with every person, which means we find the right products and services. It also means we can evolve and adapt to meet their ever-changing needs.
While we currently work in an ever-changing environment, the role will be based onsite. Onsite you will have all the support you need to set you up for success from your Team Leaders through to the Senior Leadership Team. When you enter AGL’s building, your safety and that of your colleagues is our number one priority, with strict social distancing in place and health checks conducted when entering the building just to name a few.Your day-to-day will consist of:
Managing a variety of customer enquiries with your relentless passion and focus
Resolving things first time, every time, to keep your customers happy
- Showing empathy, always – making an effort to understand every viewpoint
- Negotiating payment options and being proactive in your approach
- Promoting and generating sales through campaign activity and value-adds
- Keeping customer accounts accurate with your meticulous attention to detail
- Continuously meeting and exceeding set KPI targets
You’re a passionate problem-solver. You recognise that every customer is different, which helps you deliver innovative experiences. You’re driven to exceed targets and thrive in a structured, fast-paced environment. You take ownership on every call, balancing the best outcome for both the customer and the business.To be successful, you’ll have:
Impressive listening skills (both for customers and colleagues)
Qualities such as empathy, resilience and care in every action
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to relay information helpfully
- A positive attitude, strong negotiation skills and an eagerness to learn
- Availability to work shifts between 7:30am–7:30pm weekdays and 7:30am–5pm Saturdays
An incredible team of passionate people
- Competitive salary and quarterly incentives
- Onsite café
- Flexible dress code – dress for your day
- Unbeatable discounts on your electricity and gas, plus our all-inclusive Diversity networks, like the Shine Network (LGBTI) and AGL Equality (Women in Leadership, Disability, and Indigenous programs)
At AGL all employees are encouraged to be themselves and to bring their whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTI+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. AGL has a commitment to maintain a diverse workforce, so welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences but recognises that some applicants may not wish to disclose, so that option is supported.
Please note - unsolicited resumes from agencies will not be accepted by AGL.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.