Data Analyst Data Services
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Data Integrity Senior Analyst is a member of the Data Integrity team reporting to the Data Services Manager. The Senior Analyst works with key members of Policy, Program, Operations, Analytics, Quality, Data Strategy, Data Warehouse, Data Governance and Reporting Systems teams to ensure that healthcare data is accurate, complete, secure, and accessible across the agency.
The client's primary Data Warehouse, contains data from multiple sources, including the Medicaid Management Information System, and encounter data containing paid and denied claims. Additionally, there are multiple data consumers, including analytics, business, and external reporting users. Having reliable consistent data is critical to the client's care delivery and payment reform initiatives.
The Data Integrity Senior Analyst position requires the ability to lead data integrity efforts, facilitating close collaboration with stakeholders in order to meet data quality objectives. The Senior Analyst also supports delivery of data products to external and internal stakeholders, defines and executes data management best practices, and identifies opportunities for data quality and process improvement. The Senior Analyst needs to demonstrate a mastery of agency-wide data stored in the data warehouse and the process flows associated with this data. The Senior Analyst will engage business and technical stakeholders to investigate data issues, define solutions, and report on data products.
Interviews for this position will be conducted via WebEx and/or phone. Given current pandemic-related guidelines, the selected candidate will begin this position working remotely. In normal circumstances, this position would work out of Boston and/or Quincy offices.
DETAILED STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Internal subject matter expert for one or more of the following data sets, advising on available data and quality of that data
- member enrollment
- payment data
Gather and review business requirements for data and analytics requests
- Review business requirements for completeness
- Assist business users in defining data required to meet business analytics needs
- Identify missing data and required data cleansing
Write technical specifications for data integrity evaluation and data quality improvement projects
- Coordinate requirements gathering activities with Policy, Program, Operations, Analytics, Quality, Data Strategy, Data Warehouse, Data Governance and Reporting Systems team members
- Create metrics for measuring data quality and completeness
- Define processes for data cleansing
- Translate requirements into specifications that are provided to implementation teams
- Advise implementation teams during testing and deployment to ensure successful project delivery
Manage data intake and quality monitoring
- Coordinate activities among business users, the Data Warehouse team, the Data Analytics team and external suppliers, e.g., Managed Care Organizations, ensuring data quality monitoring processes are in place
- Manage data quality specifications
- Develop data quality metrics, reporting, and dashboards
- Manage interdependencies across data suppliers and consumers
- Escalate risks and manage situations where required data of adequate quality are not immediately available
- Investigate data issues related to extracts; coordinate with Data Governance team for resolution
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree in statistics, computer science, economics, or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in data quality assurance, operations, data management, analytics, product management or consulting
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with data quality measurement, remediation, data flows, and mapping
- Experience with quality report design and implementation
- Strong skills in PowerPoint, ability to produce well-structured, visually pleasing exhibits
- Strong skills in Excel, ability to build/manage workplans and moderately advanced models, e.g., multi-tab financial models, pivot tables, etc.
- Project management experience, including timeline reporting and issue and risk management
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Experience with SQL and relational databases like Oracle
- Experience with statistical analysis techniques
- Customer relations experience
- Structured and process-oriented thinker with a strong interest in healthcare policy and payment reform
- Ability to take ownership of workstreams with minimal high-level direction and guidance
- Ability to facilitate meetings; provide structure and tight process management, prioritize listening and draw out participation from key people
- Active and facilitative document reviewer; provide constructive feedback; share ownership of deliverables with other members of the team in a collaborative environment
- Fast learner with the desire to put in the time and effort to master a complex set of reform and payment models
- Background in a related subject matter, e.g., claims processing, enrollment and eligibility processes, EDI transactions (834, 837, etc.)
- Understanding of alternative payment models, healthcare payment reforms, and managed care reforms
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
egard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.