Data Analyst Model Validation (Banking) - Contract (Singapore)
Your new role
You will work on a variety of models covering many all aspects of the model life cycle. These include data management, methodology, programming, quantitative assessment, governance and compliance to standards. The successful candidate will exhibit a pro-active business engagement strategy, contributing to the development and maintenance of a robust model risk measurement and reporting system. Key aspects of the role include:
- Independent evaluation of new and existing risk models including IRB/IFRS9/Scorecards
- Assessment of changes to existing models and related risk data and infrastructure.
- Assist with the delivery of the validation plan, ensuring timely identification of issues and projects are completed to the required standard.
- Qualitative review of model development process including underlying assumptions & theoretical basis.
- Quantitative assessment of model performance via data evaluation and statistical testing.
- Coordination with internal stakeholders on model issues, achieving suitable resolutions.
- Documentation of findings and communication of results / justifications to senior management
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualifications in statistics, banking, finance, econometrics, mathematics or related quantitative field
- 5 - 7 years of experience in validating / developing business scorecards & IRD in commercial wholesale banking experience.
- Excellent knowledge on SAS
- Hands-on experience in predictive modelling.
- Experience in risk analytics, developing or validating statistical models across the Commercial and/or Corporate and Institutional portfolio
- Proficient in statistical and data analysis of large datasets using data management software including SAS and Excel.
- Knowledge of banking data and IT infrastructure, including data management and data quality control
- Strong focus on quality control and attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of a retail business and products (mortgages, credit cards, personal loans).
- Understanding of the regulatory environment related to financial crime and credit risk modelling and experience in dealing with regulators on complex technical issues will be highly regarded.
- Exposure to developing and automating risk MIS / model performance monitoring.
- Advanced VBA or other programming skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret regulatory requirements and explain such interpretation to stakeholders and senior management
What you'll get in return
The company does provide attractive remuneration for their employees. Besides that, you will have the opportunity to be part of a well-known banking company.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.