Data Loss Specialist
Data Loss Specialist
Job Locations US-DC-Washington
Job ID 2020-1901
Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI
Team Aveshka is looking for talented cyber engineer/analyst (Data Loss Prevention) specialist to motivate and help customers solve complex and fast-moving insider threat cybersecurity challenges. Focusing on our cutting-edge User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) solutions. You will interface directly with customers and play a key role in designing analytic strategies to identify risky behaviors, architecting data ingestion pipelines for the full range of enterprise data sources, and working closely with teams across Aveshka to ensure customer success.
As part of our growing team you will regularly engage with advanced technologies such as Haystax, Securonix while integrating with SIEMs like Splunk, ArcSight and Next Generation SNYPR.
The successful candidate with be offered specialized training to support our technologies and is expected to become proficient in all aspects of complex software solution deployment. Additionally, the candidate will provide training, troubleshooting, and on-site support to customers.
Work directly with customers' insider threat and cybersecurity analysts to position the Aveshka Data Loss Prevention solutions for success
- Demonstrate competency working hands-on in Linux based environments, troubleshooting on-site technical issues, using and configuring the Aveshka DLP integrated UEBA solutions to deliver actionable analytic results
- Bring practical information security experience to ensure seamless implementations, including: demonstrated knowledge of security information event management solutions, such as Splunk, ArcSight, and Next Generation SNYPR, as well as typical data feeds, such as web proxy logs, Active Directory logs, remote access logs, etc.
- Continually learn and update skills in quickly evolving core technologies including Elastic, Apache NiFi, and python scripting
- Candidates must be:
- Team Focused, with the ability to gain the personal support of others
- Capable of developing empathy and rapport internally with staff and with customers and partners
- Strong work-ethic and committed to quality
- Disciplined, organized and methodical in approach to tasks and activities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of security solutions and technologies, including:
- Internet Security
- Firewall technologies
- Proxy technologies
- Data loss prevention solutions
- Experience with Linux, Unix, MySql, Core Java, SIEM, information security, networking, scripting languages like Bash, Python etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Windows event logging
- Experience working in virtualized, networked environments, specifically VMWare and HyperV based systems
- Experience in working with Hadoop/Relational databases/SQL queries.
- Knowledge of Hadoop preferred.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques preferred
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related field
- DoD Directive 8140 Cyberspace Workforce Management Certification e.g. SEC+
- Active TS/SCI
- Vulnerability management of the RHEL servers/DLP applications
- Network diagram building
- RHEL/Securonix/SolarWinds troubleshooting
- Coordination with vendors for onsite troubleshooting
- Securonix application patching
Aveshka is a professional services firm focused on addressing our nation's most complex threats and challenges. As a small business we're committed to supporting our clients' missions with services delivered by our diverse and experienced staff. With expertise in cybersecurity, emergency preparedness, and public health, our experience base spans federal, state, and local governments, as well as private sector entities.
Aveshka encourages collaborative communication and ongoing learning. Some of our benefits include:
- Extensive training programs
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Technology benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid time off and much more!
Aveshka is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.