Deal Desk Director
The Senior Deal Desk Manager will lead the Deal Desk function within the Business Operations team at Bluecore. This person will be accountable for developing, implementing, and optimizing the end-to-end process of deal review, strategic deal creation, pricing model governance, and go-to-market enablement.
This is an influential role, with substantial room for growth, and which will collaborate with executives from multiple organizations to lead key customer negotiations strategy, drive sales motion strategy and apply critical thinking to solve complex sales motions.
The ideal candidate will have experience in developing deal governance processes, leading and managing critical strategic processes, performing financial analysis of costs and prices, excellent modeling skills using Excel, and an understanding of negotiation strategy. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to see the big picture and the desire to have a major impact on business growth and profitability.Responsibilities
- Lead strategy and operations for the Deal Desk function, including managing the daily quote approval process, non-standard deal requirements, and deal review cycle.
- Act as a trusted advisor to sales leaders, including leading and managing pricing and packaging discussions on deal review calls with go-to-market teams, deal structuring and support other internal stakeholders throughout the sales cycle to expedite deal execution and value.
- Collaborate with Sales Operations and FP&A team to improve the pricing governance, deal structure, and deal operation process
- Conduct process analysis to help improve deal operations and management
- Support requirements gathering and provide recommendations on designing new deal structures to support complex and enterprise-level deals
- Partner with cross-functional leadership teams on process implementation
- Conduct actual vs. "as sold" analysis to improve existing models
- Lead review of the deal-specific models and ensure they are fully robust with an accurate representation of profitability (e.g. costs, pricing rates, P&L calculations)
- Support Sales and Client Services teams to modify existing pricing models for complex non-standard deals
- Suggest negotiations strategy for large and complex deals
- Develop deep understanding of the company's operations and cost drivers, and incorporate this knowledge into pricing practices to improve margins
- Maintain an evolving subject matter expertise in pricing trends and competitive pressures to recommend competitive deal structures.
- Support sales leaders in structuring and execution of Bluecore’s most complex opportunities.
- Provide guidance on complex deal structures in a way that maximizes KPIs and customer satisfaction, while mitigating risk to Bluecore.
- Provide sales training and enablement of quoting, pricing, and process requirements.
- Ability to think critically in a structured fashion and translate leadership discussions into an analytical decision-making framework.
- Balance efficiency, process, and internal revenue requirements to help create advantageous outcomes for sales
- BA/BS in quantitative major (finance, economics, business, mathematics, statistics); MBA/MS preferred
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Experience managing pricing or deal processes that involve cross-functional partners
- Experience working with various levels of the organization including leadership, peers, and junior team members
- Experience working on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Experience developing financial models
- Proven track record of establishing network of key contacts outside own area of expertise
- Experience performing competitive analysis to understand market position
- Experience supporting business decisions with business cases presentations
- Expertise building models in Excel
- Experience developing PowerPoint presentations to present business cases to senior executives
- Experience with statistical and/or predictive analysis with real world impact
- Our office is currently fully remote with the option of remaining remote or potentially returning to our NYC HQ if and when appropriate
Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly discretionary reimbursement towards fitness, home office and/or Learning and Development opportunities
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.