Deli Front-End Clerk
Lassen s Natural Foods
Deli Clerks are responsible for making sandwiches, juices, and smoothies according to instruction cards and customer requests. Ensure that food quality standards are being upheld for all deli products. Help promote a food company appearance by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
1. Give customers immediate and undivided attention
2. Ensure quality and proper presentation of all foods items
3. Follow all food safety regulations including proper labeling, dating, storage and rotation
4. Strictly adhere to all recipes and instruction cards
5. Fulfill customer orders such as sandwiches, smoothies, and juices quickly, efficiently, and accurately
6. Maintain full levels of all food displaying units; grab-n-go, dessert case, etc
7. Observe all deli policies, procedures, safety rules, cleanliness and sanitation, and Weights and Measures instructions
8. Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner
9. Show understanding and sensitivity to different dietary preferences such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, and raw diets
10. Ensure that breaks are taken at their appropriate times, as instructed by supervisors
11. Communicate effectively with team members as well as immediate supervisors regarding all operation and performance issues
1. CA Food Handlers' Card
2. Previous deli and customer service work experience
1. Passion for Natural Foods
2. Excellent communications skills and willingness to work as a team
3. Ability to work with urgency and meet deadlines
4. Have a strong familiarity with all products in the deli
5. Proactive in all aspects of the job
6. Ability to instruct others in a constructive and positive manner
7. Strong time management and organizational skills
8. Basic computer skills
9. Ability to properly handle high levels of stress and large volumes of customers while maintaining a positive and friendly disposition
10. Flexible work schedule to meet department needs
Essential Job Functions:
1. Walking and standing for long periods of time
2. Bend and stooping to grasp objects up to 50 lbs. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
3. Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation
4. Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc)
Includes a Lassen's shirt, earth-tone slacks, apron, hair net or hat, and non-slip shoes.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete list of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as needed.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.