Department Specialist Grocery
Department Specialist- Grocery
Job Location US-AZ-Phoenix
Department Store Support Staff (Corporate/Field Support)
Position Type Full-Time
The Grocery Department Specialist is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and developing the Grocery and merchandising departments. This position will remain current on the performances of all Grocery products ensuring timely product enhancement; requires visiting stores often to ensure proper merchandising techniques are in place. This position will also work with
Category Managers to ensure proper inventory, pricing and placement of Grocery products.
- Develop new items and programs to target key consumer trends and optimizing overall product assortment
- Create process manuals including cost and labor validation
- Assist in coordinating new product roll outs
- Monitor the design, development and preparation of products
- Support Category Managers in the development of merchandising plans that drive increased share and category growth
- Maintains a high level of store awareness through store visits and communication focused on executive quality
- Conducts regular store visits to ensure merchandising execution is at the required levels
- Assesses store merchandising conditions to identify opportunities, develop solutions, and reinforce company and category programs
- Conduct market research to assess opportunities for growth and maximization of profit
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical Requirements
- Bachelor Degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two (2) years of experience related to perishable retail purchasing, marketing and/or merchandising
- Supermarket Grocery experience required
- Requires outstanding communication skills amongst a strong interpersonal attitude that demonstrates organization, multi-tasking and prioritization
- Requires experience in Microsoft Suite, with a high level proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- High degree of creativity and ability to work independently
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer's market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see here for more information.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.