WildBrain is looking for Designersto join our Vancouver studio. In this role, you will execute key designs and create original concepts. This position is responsible for maintaining the show style and ensuring that the designs work within the story specifications.
These roles are set to begin in Summer 2020.
We are currently working virtually because of the Covid-19 pandemic. During this time our hiring teams are ready to support interviews via video conferencing, and we are enabling artists to work from home until the studio can reopen. We'd love to hear from you! #stayhomestaysafe!
- Create original designs on show style according to production schedule
- Work closely with Art Director and Lead Designer to keep designs manageable and complete work within the scheduled timeframe
- Collaborate creatively with the design and modelling departments
- Keep current with scripts and animatics to inform design choices
- Learn and adhere to established production methodology
- Identify and communicate any issues, concerns or efficiencies to Lead Designer
- Participate in production & departmental meetings
- 1+ years' of experience in production design for animation
- Strong drawing and colour fundamentals
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Openness to direction and ability to embrace change
- Strong problem solving skills
- 3D design and modelling experience a definite asset
- Unreal Engine experience is beneficial
At WildBrain Studios our teams dig into a diverse range of projects - from preschool and comedy to action-adventure, and work with international partners such as Apple, Netflix, LEGO, DreamWorks, BBC, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and more. We produce high quality Flash, Harmony, and Maya animated series. Aside from awesome projects and partners, WildBrain puts our people first, here are just a few of the ways:
- Great benefits that make employees feel truly valued including a customizable extended health and dental plan
- Generous RRSP matching
- Bonus time off
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.