Desktop Support Engineer - Newcastle - EOI
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in
About the Role
As Deskside Support Engineer you will be responsible for the provision of onsite Desktop Support to a key client of Datacom. Aligned to our customers business requirements, we provide tailored maintenance services, hardware and software break/ fix support, remote support, software deployment and relocation services.
What you’ll do
As Desktop Support Engineer, you will be accountable for, but not limited to:
- Support of desktop, infrastructure and services across multiple technology streams including, Hardware, Software, Networks, Server, Print etc
- Asset refresh, relocation deployment and decommission maintaining data integrity within the CMDB
- Create and maintain knowledge and technical documentation to ensure information is accurate and up to date including but not limited to Troubleshooting, How To Guides, Operational procedures, Build documentation, Operational acceptance testing documentation and configuration management records
- Identify CSI opportunities including technical solutions, gaps in knowledge and documentation and automation that deliver efficiency or cost savings internally and externally.
What you’ll bring
To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrated working technical knowledge of the following:
- Hardware and peripherals i.e. laptops, notebooks, workstations desktop PC's, printers, media and audio-visual equipment BYOD and mobility
- Desktop and software applications i.e. Operating Systems (Windows 7 through 10 and), Microsoft Office 2007 through 365, Antivirus software and systems
- Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, SCCM, End-Point Imaging, and done SOE creation and maintenance.
- You will bring excellent verbal and written communication and have the ability to articulate technical information to the target audience. Your professional customer service will be second to none, and you will have the ability to work autonomously with excellent time management.
Please note that to be eligible for this role, you must be an AU Citizen.
We have over 6,500 people across our global offices and generate an annual revenue of over NZ $1.2 billion annually. This makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies.
We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations.
With this comes a long list of significant clients and Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds to serve those clients.
We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.