Developer, Software Server
Req Id: 256941
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
If you love...
- Community. Ours is awesome. You will interact with developers in an Agile environment, work in an open space and participate in numerous team building activities
- DevOps. - We are committed to our practices and tools: CI/CD, containerization, micro-services, Infra-As-Code
- Technology exploration. You will build the strategy and evolution of existing systems, as well as future architecture
- Automation. You will have plenty of opportunities to destroy manual tedious tasks using innovative methods and tools
- Support. You will maintain production systems, troubleshoot issues affecting customers and fix outages
And you want to...
- Sharpen your skills with access to vast resources and the latest technology
- Collaborate with the development and infrastructure teams to find innovative solutions
- Experiment with new tools and processes, continuously improving the CI/CD pipeline
- Openly expose problems and turn them into learning and team bonding experience
- Be a leader and guide teammates through new systems and workflows
...then we want to get to know you!
We are seeking:
- A candidate with 2-5 years of experience with most of the following technologies/concepts:• Jenkins, TeamCity, Ansible, Git
- Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Crowd)
- Automated Continuous Builds, Integration, Deployments and Testing
- However if you believe you are up for the challenge, with less experience, we encourage you to apply
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- A candidate with strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team
If you have one of the following, it's even better:
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Experience with VMware / Chef / Puppet / Docker
- Experience with Transact SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with build tools (xcodebuild, gradle, maven)
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Groovy, Bash, Perl, Ruby)
- IntelliJ, Java, Spring, Repository managers
Who we are:
The Bell Media Digital team is responsible for the creation and delivery of awesome online experiences, powering the country's most recognized brands, such as TSN, RDS, CTV and Crave TV. Our vision is to deliver digital experiences that entertain, inform, engage and inspire audiences through the screen of their choice - at home or on the go - on the web and through connected consumer electronic devices.
Bell Media is growing and we're seeking curious and energetic individuals to accelerate this transformation. Gone are the days of traditional web client browsing, today is the era of innovation. If you are passionate about your work having an impact every day in transforming the digital sports, news and entertainment landscape, we'd love to hear from you!
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 07/17/2020
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or ***********@bell.ca to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at *********@bell.ca.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Read more about why Bell is considered one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.