Development and Communications Associate
Komera is seeking a Development and Communications Associate to join the Komera team full-time starting August 2020. The position will be remote in the interim. Candidates located in the surrounding Boston and NYC areas are encouraged to apply, as there is will be in-person collaboration required on the east coast in the coming year.
The Development and Communications Associate is responsible for developing and supporting fundraising initiatives, crafting compelling content, and implementing a strategic marketing plan that drives Komera s mission and supports the organization s fundraising goals. The ideal candidate for this role is a proactive, creative, and motivated professional who is passionate about storytelling and is compelled to support the mission of Komera. Responsibilities: The position responsibilities will be divided approximately 50% development, 30% communications, and 20% administrative.
- Create content and strategy for fundraising events and campaigns with mission-driven appeals and creative communication.
- Develop written and visual content for all donor-related and external communication materials, including newsletters, brochures, press releases, blogs, written appeals, and our annual report.
- Develop and lead digital strategy to maximize Komera s visibility, including generation of online content that engages our audience and leads to measurable action, donor acquisition and retention.
- Create and implement an engaging social media strategy in Komera s brand voice, and stay in the know with emerging social media trends
- Manage website content and maintenance, ensuring programmatic updates, stories, and events are posted regularly.
- Maintain and update our donor database systems and implement stewardship program to acknowledge and thank donors.
- Provide support to the Komera Boston team in all administrative and day-to-day general support tasks.
- Several years of experience in fundraising, communications and/or marketing, ideally in the social or nonprofit sector.
- Bachelor s degree, or degree in Marketing or Communications preferred.
- Proven ability to create creative, clear, and powerful written communications and develop marketing materials for fundraising campaigns.
- Strong storytelling abilities and ability to frame narratives to a wide range of audiences.
- Significant experience using social media marketing and strong working knowledge of core social media tools, including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Highly motivated and driven
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint) required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively and communicate well with a remote team
You'll Impress Us If:
- You have experience crafting content or stories for NGO s working in East Africa or the global south, specifically in the education, community development or global health space.
- You have experience building or implementing a data-driven communications and fundraising strategies and campaigns
- You are well connected in the nonprofit community and in-the-know with current trends and best practices.
Because we are a small team, each employee has a wide variety of responsibilities. We ask candidates to be flexible, eager to learn new things, and willing to engage in both high-level and entry-level work. Working with Komera is a fantastic opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Employees are given significant responsibility and independence in their work. Ability to work effectively as part of a global team and communicate well is a must. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Komera.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Interested qualified candidates should apply by emailing a resume and cover letter to .
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.