Development Manager FG
Forestar Group Inc. is a residential lot development company and a majority-owned subsidiary of D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder by volume in the United States since 2002.
Forestar Group is currently looking for a Development Manager. The right candidate will manage the schedule for timely completion of the assigned projects and will adhere to the approved development budget of those projects to meet the company's business plans and objectives. The Development Manager will also assist the team in performing due diligence on prospective projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with due diligence on prospective projects to include creation/review of preliminary budgets and schedules; review of site related reports, development orders and plat requirements; review and provide comments on engineering plans, plats, and landscape plans; interface with local government as needed to determine the viability of a project; and review and provide comments on Investment Committee packages
- Coordinate and direct a team of consultants during the construction of a project such as engineers, land planners, surveyors, landscape architects, land use attorneys, etc.
- Create and maintain project schedule for the duration of the project and report project status to Development Director at requested intervals
- Create bid packages for various disciplines of work needed for site development, as well as review and analyze submitted bids making suggestion for award of work
- Negotiate final contracts and all change orders regarding price and schedule.
- Coordinate the approval of government agreements and manage the execution of those agreements
- Interface with utility companies and other parties as needed to ensure project stays on schedule
- Interface with Forestar team as needed regarding assigned projects
- Manage the platting and final approval process
- Maintain budget performance and report updates at least quarterly
- Lead the design, review, approval, permitting, bid and award processes for all project amenities
- Conduct or participate in on-site inspections, startups, final walkthrough, turnovers, etc. as required for the project
- Work with the Development Director on department initiatives for improvement
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Valid driver's license and a vehicle
- Ability to travel overnight
- Manage all aspects of the NPDES/SWPPP program for each assigned project
- Ensure that required property documentation is completed and stored appropriately in Forestar retention folders
- Interface with customers regarding site design and coordinate any needed changes
- Review and approve all invoices and pay applications related to assigned projects
- Conduct site visits and meetings with vendors as needed
- Manage 3rd party property managers, attend HOA meetings, and sit on HOA boards as needed for assigned projects
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university or three to five years of land development experience
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral form or via FOR and DRH applications
Proficiency with MS Office and email
Ability to stand and walk for 4 hours straight or up to a full 8-hour day; sit for extended periods; kneel and bend at the waist; climb, balance and stoop, crouch or crawl; walk up and down stairs; walk on unlevel terrain; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision
Regular exposure to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places and risk of electrical shock
The noise level is moderate
Five to seven years of related experience
Come join a winning team! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package:
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Accounting Record Management System
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.