Digital Data Infrastructure Architect, Business 360 (2-year contract)
National Heritage Board
Agency: National Heritage Board
Job no.: 542928
Work type: Contract
Categories: InfoComm, Technology, New Media Communications, Arts/Cultural/Heritage
The Information Technology Division is leading NHB’s 5-year Technology Transformation and Digitalisation effort for the sector. You will be part of a dynamic team of talented individuals entrusted with a critical role to provide ICT Infrastructure design and support for the various initiatives under the Digitalisation Plan. The infrastructure layer covers the data centres, networks, cloud and endpoints.
You will be tasked to lead, architect and develop cloud and infrastructure solutions that is integrated to various on premise solutions - Government Commercial Cloud (GCC) or SaaS solutions. Working closely with the Solutions Architect, you will also be responsible for the overall technical design, pertaining to the infrastructure elements, integration, connectivity and hosting. Your work will help to enable NHB and the heritage and culture sector to leverage on commercial cloud for the development and deployment of digital services.
If you are someone with a strong cloud background and passionate about how technology can be harnessed to transform business processes, we welcome you to join us!
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) to explore new solutions, technologies, integrate learning and recommendations in the development of on premise/ cloud infrastructure solutions which includes multi/hybrid cloud design and implementation
- Lead continuous enhancement and exploratory work to design, develop, test and deploy new on premise/Cloud Infrastructure technologies using agile methods
- Constantly explore new solutions and technologies, integrate learning and recommendations into the development process
- Demonstrate good expertise in one or more major Cloud Service Providers’ products and solutions
- Specialise in the best practice design, operations, and support of on premise/ private/public/hybrid cloud infrastructure including Network, Storage, Compute and Security
- Create architecture artefacts and documentation to effectively explain architecture design concepts and solutions to various level of stakeholders
- Ensure proposed design gels and aligns to Application, Enterprise, Security architecture as well as NHB and Whole-of-Government policies and framework
- Identify and recommend potential services to complement and enhance infrastructure elements to streamline and support applications development and deployment
- Apply knowledge of Agile software development and DevOps to infrastructure as code development and deployment
- Project management of on-premise, GCC or SaaS cloud infrastructure setup and implementation
- Background in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in designing/implementing/consulting of medium to large-scale on-premise/private/public/hybrid cloud infrastructure solutions
- Attained professional certifications in the following areas with at least 3 years of implementation experience in AWS/Azure/Google Cloud/VMware
- Possess hands-on experience and good technical skills with proven track records in IT infrastructure and/or emerging IT technologies engineering in the following areas:
- Platform, storage, database and virtualization
- Cloud infrastructure (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS)
- Container technologies such as Dockers, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, AWS fargate etc
- Experience with Web and server technologies including Virtualization, Web services, EAI, with knowledge of J2EE and SOA concept
- Knowledge of client/server and distributed computing knowledge with messaging, SOAP, .NET and Active Directory Federal Service / SAML2.0
- Experienced in business and technical analysis, architecture design & implementation, project management.
- Domain knowledge on dealing with Digital assets such as image file formats, video formats, streaming is an added advantage
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.