DIGITAL LEARNING DESIGNER,Digital Learning and Innovation
The Instructional Production Services (IPS) group within the Digital Learning & Innovation office at Boston University offers instructional strategy and design in online/hybrid modalities, digital media creation, and course production in service of the University's digital initiatives. The Digital Learning Designer reports to the Manager of the IPS team. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively to guide the development and production of digital learning projects across multiple learning platforms and projects, including being an integral role on the design and development team for the Questrom Online MBA program. Focusing on the target audience and overall learning experience for each project, the Digital Learning Designer will work to ensure courses meet the agreed-upon specifications, and standards of quality for online learning.
- Work as part of the IPS team to guide members of the BU teaching community (faculty and project stakeholders) on the design and development of synchronous and hybrid digital learning content by:
- Bringing forth user experience guidelines and innovative pedagogical possibilities in the production of effective and engaging instructional materials.
- Providing expertise to faculty and other stakeholders through the development of comprehensive instructional strategy applications on various Learning Management Systems (e.g., Blackboard and edX) and utilizing various third-party tools.
- Cultivating collaborative and professional relationships with faculty and other stakeholders while guiding individuals through the course design process.
- Collaborating with IPS Multimedia Producers to inform the pre-production and post-production choices in creating digital media assets.
- Innovate learning strategies in support of blended and peer-to-peer learning.
- Support continuous improvement for IPS by defining and measuring the efficacy of IPS-developed learning assets and applications and proposing recommendations for revisions based on desired learning outcomes and learner interaction data
- Bachelor's Degree, certifications in instructional design, or related field preferred.
- Three to five years of direct experience designing, creating, editing, and launching digital instructional content.
- Experience working with digital content creation tools, other educational technology tools, and multiple learning management systems.
- Experience collaborating with others, preferably in a higher education setting, to scope, develop, and deliver online learning experiences.
- Working knowledge of the online/hybrid instructional space, including online teaching and learning, open courses, and mixed modalities.
- Working knowledge of standard web markup languages and best practices (HTML/CSS).
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- An adaptable mindset to work as part of a growing team in the shifting landscape of the institution and higher education in general; a willingness to work with others and an appetite for learning by doing.
- Flexibility, imagination, and creative problem-solving skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.