Director, Audience Acquisition & Retention
First Look Media
The Director, Audience Acquisition & Retention will own the development of all media buying campaigns and advertising strategy for the streaming service, Topic. Responsibilities will include development, execution, and optimization of integrated acquisition, retention and win-back campaigns to drive growth. In addition, this role could support performance marketing efforts for The Intercept, Field of Vision, and other First Look Media initiatives. The Director will also focus on keeping the subscriber’s engaged and active across all touchpoints, with the intention of optimizing LTV. Responsibilities will include monitoring and analyzing subscription retention metrics, and ongoing testing of ways to minimize churn. This is a unique chance to help shape a vital community and loyal brand following using data-driven strategy and tactics.
This position reports to the VP Marketing and has 1-2 direct reports. The Director will work in collaboration with teams across the organization to identify and implement strategies to increase subscribers and LTV.
- Understand the position of our brand and develop an in-depth understanding of the Topic user to inform strategy that drives LTV and other established KPIs
- Develop highly-efficient performance driven media plans that effectively promote our brands, content and streaming service and content across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Google (YouTube, AdWords, Paid Search), Amazon, Roku, Search, and more.
- Guide and collaborate with the marketing and creative teams to prepare all aspects of executing the paid media campaigns from brief writing to copy correction. We won’t be working with any external agencies.
- Work with SEO consultant to develop strategy and manage execution.
- Lead efforts to define and improve lifecycle marketing strategy across email, push notifications, and other programs to increase retention and LTV on all distribution platforms.
- Analyze user behavior and performance by product, geography, platform, programming, and other factors to understand usage, LTV, and churn.
- Establish and conduct tests for new strategies to keep subscribers engaged or win them back following inactivity or churn. Scale successful pilots and optimize through iteration.
- Report out on overall acquisition, engagement and retention rates (and key drivers) to stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Collaborate with Product team to ensure a seamless, on-brand experience throughout the end-to-end customer experience.
- Lead customer service efforts to provide personalized and outstanding support for subscribers whenever they need assistance.
- Partner with Research & Analytics team to refine retention dashboard and analyze campaign performance.
- Ensure consistent end-to-end messaging and test full funnel strategies.
- Work with Analytics and Research team to identify and develop audience segments and testing, present quantitative and qualitative insights to inform campaign creative and positioning of the Topic streaming service in the market.
- Collaborate with the Sales team to help fulfill commitments and increase partnerships.
Background & Qualifications:
- 7+ or more years in a relevant role driving retention preferably in entertainment (TV/film/digital), media or publishing.
- Experience overseeing campaigns on social/advertising platforms including: Facebook Ads Manager, Instagram, Twitter, Adwords, etc.
- Experience developing paid media campaigns on SVOD platforms (Amazon, Roku, etc.)
- Experience working with editorial, product, creative, and technical teams.
- Ability to develop and execute paid media campaigns without an agency
- Demonstrated proficiency in internal web tracking solutions (Google Analytics), native social media measurement tools (Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, YouTube Analytics, etc) and social media measurement experience (Sysomos, ListenFirst, CrowdTangle, etc.)
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical, written, and verbal skills with an eye for creating engaging presentations and simple reports.
- Some experience working with customer-centered business goals (e.g. subscription, e-commerce or membership).
- Analytical mindset with ability to translate data and trends into actionable insights and execute against them.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across teams.
- Inquisitive and strategic thinker with excellent analytical, written, and verbal skills with an eye for creating engaging presentations and simple reports.
- Proactive, can-do attitude, and adaptability
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced start up environment
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Field of Vision, and the recently launched Topic SVOD service, and plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
Topic is the ambitious new storytelling brand and entertainment studio from First Look Media, dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture. From Academy Award®-winning films (Spotlight) to television, audio and digital, we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction and nonfiction with an emphasis on stories of consequence that explore the issues of our time. Our approach – challenging, compelling and unconventional – reflects our commitment to discovering and amplifying independent new voices, and supporting established ones.
About The Intercept
The Intercept, launched in 2014 to provide an outlet for fearless, adversarial journalism, produces award-winning investigative reporting, analysis, and multimedia content focused on national security, politics, civil liberties, the environment, technology, criminal justice, media, and more. Regular contributors include co-founding editors Glenn Greenwald and Jeremy Scahill.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.