Director Datacomm Sales
Become part of the excitement.
This director-level leadership role will be responsible for driving the sales and gross margin growth across an expansive geography in data-communication, security and audio visual (AV) business. This position can be based out of Los Angeles, San Francisco, Denver, or Phoenix.
In This Role You Will
- Develop, document, and execute ongoing strategic business plans to drive growth beyond market predictions and deliver increased market share.
- Effectively build, train, and develop geographic sales teams that can fully execute a disciplined selling approach driving exceptional growth trajectories.
- Lead the continued adoption and full utilization of SalesForce CRM to drive disciplined sales behavior throughout the selling and support organization.
- The position is a manager of managers. Must be able to lead through influence and execution of strategy.
- Implement Corporate strategies and initiatives across the identified markets.
- Direct National Account/Corporate Account activity at the district level to ensure conformance to National Agreement terms and conditions.
- Recommend salaries and assignment changes for Sales Representatives and market/product employees to the District Vice Presidents.
- In cooperation with Corporate, responsible for supplier selectivity within group of districts for the Company's strategic suppliers.
What You Bring To The Table
- Minimum of 10 years' experience required
- Proven track record of building sales teams across multiple geographies simultaneously
- Successfully ran a sales organization in excess of $100M
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience
- Able to travel about 60% of the time
- Knowledge of the wholesale distribution industry
- Strong familiarity with enterprise and broadband customer and supplier communities
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with key customers and suppliers
- Knowledge of financial analysis and continuous improvement methods and practices
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Why should you join Graybar?
Graybar is a leading North American distributor of electrical, communications and data networking products and a provider of supply chain management and logistics solutions. Come see why Graybar is continually ranked as a top employer across the country.
As an employee-owned company, our employees are the key to our success. We provide comprehensive benefits and opportunities for learning and development. Whether you are just starting your career or have years of experience, you will be proud to work for a thriving company with a solid foundation. Learn more at
This is your chance to grow your career with Graybar. Apply now and find out what's next for you.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law)
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.