Director, Federal Civilian Sales
We are looking for a high-energy, software Sr. Manager who will help their team identify and bring to closure VMware Tanzu product and service opportunities. Your team is expected to generate net new business as well as maintaining and growing relationships with existing accounts. You and your team are responsible for the overall health and sales performance of the territory of defined accounts.
Ready to build? So are we. Come join VMware’s new exciting Federal Modern Applications Platform Business Unit (MAPBU), made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customers’ entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes.
Interacting with Senior Level Federal Civilian clients, you will be driving the digital transformation strategy with market leading Federal customers.
Required Skills / Experiences
· Knowledge of the US Federal Marketplace
- Intimate knowledge of the Civilian and Civilian Healthcare Community
-Ability to influence others to achieve results.
· Ability to lead, motivate and direct a group of diverse and talented individuals.
· Ability to prioritize projects and/or deliverables.
· Ability to drive accurate and timely decisions.
· Strategic planning abilities.
· Ability to work effectively with senior management.
· Ability to operate in a matrix environment.
· Maintain operational command of the business.
· Conflict resolution skills.
· Mentoring/Coaching skills.
· Considerable experience of selling enterprise software product and/or technology consulting with focus on IT
· Experience using a consultative sales approach
· Able to qualify, execute and close business opportunity under minimum guidance
· Proven ability to sell to business line and sell the business value vs. product is KEY
· Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Desired Skills / Experiences
· Advanced knowledge around DevOps, PaaS, Agile, Containers
· C-Level and VP level relationships at key customer contacts (enterprise market)
· Previous experience of working in a matrix sales environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
This position is eligible for the JoinTeamTanzu referral campaign
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-07-20
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.