Director of Data BI Platform Engineering
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports
your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is
helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of
people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for
the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being
knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all
else. We Live Mutual.
Lead a team of professionals responsible for Building and Maintaining
data Platforms for Analytics & Data Science, the platforms will need
to meet the highest standards of availability and functionality. Team
Leadership and mentoring a team of local and remote employees and
Define and build availability and performance metrics for each
Work on actively sunsetting non-strategic platforms. Maintain vendor
relationships and actively negotiate contracts for scaling and adding
functionality for platforms.
Meet the Team Data Management & Delivery:
It is an exciting time at MassMutual! MassMutual is going through a
Digital Transformation, continuing to be a leading customer-centric
company. The Data Management & Delivery team, part of MassMutual s
new Data Engineering Organization, is comprised of highly skilled,
collaborative problem solvers who are motivated to create innovative
solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers and move
MassMutual and the industry forward. The team culture is
collaborative, cross-functional, and uses old and new technologies
combined with work/life balance.
* Enterprise-wide transition to a unified and governed strategic BI
* Expansion of Digital Operations footprint, and growing need for
access to actionable data insights
* Revitalization of analytics and reporting applications to support
changing industry needs and expectations
* Building our next generation data warehouse in AWS.
Are you highly analytical and like to solve complex problems? Would
you describe yourself as a strong and collaborative leader? Would you
want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your
ambitions, and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? If
yes, keep reading, this opportunity is for you!
To continue our digital transformation, we are looking for a strategic
thinker and strong leader to join the Data Management & Delivery team
that is tasked with implementing data strategies and developing
platform target goals, aligning with overall company strategic
initiatives. The Director of Data & BI Platform Engineering would need
advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure
disciplines. Using technical and analytical skills, this role will
lead a team of experienced individuals and direct on-shore & off-shore
resources. Also, this role would be responsible for working
independently and communicating effectively to provide feedback on
policies, procedures, processes, and standards.
Objectives and Responsibilities
* Lead technical teams of experienced professionals, including
onshore and offshore vendors to build a platform that can be
leveraged by Internal & external teams
* Provide Technical Leadership to design and support an analytics
data platform that is cost effective & scalable
* Coach, develop, and staff the Enterprise Data Management & BI
* Create and own strategy to implement scalable, secure, and
governed solutions/ tools at an enterprise-level to support
* Build a process for solving technical issues that affect the
reliability, accuracy and timeliness of the strategic Enterprise
BI suite of tools
* Resolve issues and concerns with our Technology Platforms &
* Communicate transparency to senior and executive leadership around
* Prioritize work and allocate resources to meet customer demand
* Innovate future state enterprise BI strategy and process, working
within an Agile Process
* Accountable for budgeting, project management, and road-mapping
for platform development and implementation
* Oversee platform security and governance as well as upgrades,
customization, and innovation of analytics technical solutions
* Maintain a positive relationship with internal & external
customers of our services
* Bachelor's degree required (computer science preferred)
* 10+ years of related experience managing Enterprise Business
Intelligence platforms, database technologies, and visualization
* 5+ years experience leading technical teams of staff &
contractors to deliver large-scale projects in the analytics
space, which require extensive collaboration across various groups
in a matrix organization
* Expertise in BI reporting platforms including MicroStrategy,
* Experience with capacity planning and software deployment using
* 5+ years leading BI platform team(s)
* Experience working with onshore and offshore vendors
* Experience working with cross-functional business partners to
collaborate on business requirements
* 5+ years facilitating meetings and providing presentations to
stakeholders and senior leaders.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look
for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear,
easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
* Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open,
honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of
applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
* Value People: We respect and learn from each other s diverse
backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people
to their greatest potential.
* Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by
actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions
as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, and one
* Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and
getting better everyone, every day.
Why Join Us.
We ve been around since 1851. During our history, we ve learned a
few things about making sure our customers are our top priority. In
order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best
people providing the best thinking, products and services. To
accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse
culture that encourages growth, openness and opportunities for
everyone. A career with MassMutual means you will be part of a strong,
stable and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits.
And your voice will always be heard.
Recognized as a 2019 World s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere,
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure
their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our
policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put
customers first. It s more than our company structure it s our
way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company
exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and
rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with
Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note:
Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.