Director of Education
Green Tree School & Services (GTSS) is a non-profit state licensed agency that provides education, therapeutic and clinical support to children ages 5-21 with Autism Disorder and severe Emotional Disability at Green Tree School & Services, all students are instructed based on their IEP goals and the appropriate state standards as defined but the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Green Tree School & Services is accepting applications for a Director of Education. The Director will promote the mission of the school by leading the education team in a healthy academic environment. The Director leads the Education Department, & upholds Green Tree Schools & Services core values, including integrity and commitmentto excellence in service, with compassionate and culturally competent approaches to instruction and intervention.
Responsibilities & Duties
* Provide leadership and management to all educational programming.
* Supervision, & consultation with members of the Behavioral & Clinical teams.
* Program evaluation and strategic planning for programmatic development in conjunction with other senior leadership peers.
* Collaborative work with the Office Manager to ensure 100% staffing for all education roles and minimizing use of temporary consulting staff.
* Plans and co-facilitates training for education department and larger staff trainings on effective teaching skills for children and adolescents with specialized needs.
* Monitors and ensures compliance with all educational regulations including required reporting to local or state entities, and compliance with annual licensing requirements.
* Develops and ensures compliance with documentation of students individualized educational plans and implementation of recommended accommodations, specially designed instructions, and related services.
* Supervising Instructional and Program Coordinators to provide oversight to their management of daily operations.
* Organize, analyze and present operational data regarding academic trends in the APS e.g. Attendance across programs, response to instruction and intervention, etc.
* Lead continuous quality review within the education department to monitor fidelity to evidence-based instruction and intervention protocols and the school wide positive behavior support program.
* Analyze data from the instructional coordinators on fidelity with MTSS goals for data collection i.e. benchmarks and progress monitoring for academic student functioning.
* Participate in local community-based organizations to gain knowledge on regulatory changes, best practice guidelines, and other vital information related to special education practices in private schools.
Masters Degree with a PA Special Education Teaching Certificate or Supervisor of Special Education Certificate.
Experience: Five (5) or more years of experience teaching and/or working in special education.
Five (5) years or more of teaching experience within special education
Two (2) years or more of supervisory experience.
Proven knowledge of student characteristics with respect to special education disabilities, especially Autism Spectrum Disorders, Specific Learning Disability and Emotional Disturbance.
Proven knowledge of school, community, and post school services that may be available to specific populations of individuals with exceptional needs and the procedures and requirements for referring students for such services.
Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with colleagues and community partners, exemplifying GTSS mission, vision and values.
Eligible Green Tree Employees will receive:
* Competitive Pay
* Medical, Dental, Vision
* Employee Discount Programs
* 401k options, and accrued time off.
Green Tree School & Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions related to employment will be determined by the employee's ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
For more information about Green Tree School & Services please visit our website: [
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.