Director of Field and Community Engagement
Director of Field and Community Engagement About the Position League of Education Voters (LEV) has an exciting opportunity for someone looking to truly make a difference in educational equity. We are looking for a Director of Field and Community Engagement, a high-level strategist and manager who can both design strategy and manage to completion.
This position is a member of the executive leadership team and reports directly to the CEO, managing two employees in field operations and occasional contractors and volunteers. We commit to maximizing the diversity of our team and we actively seek representation of employees who reflect our communities most impacted by the issues we are fighting for. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
We will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. About LEV League of Education Voters (LEV) is a non-partisan organization that partners with parents, students, and civic leaders who believe in a quality education from cradle to career. LEV is a Washington-based organization working to improve public education systems from early learning through higher education.
We shape the debate, build powerful coalitions, and grow the grassroots to achieve meaningful reform and ample resources for education. LEV has a 501c(3), a 501c(4) and a Political Action Committee, which provides ample opportunity for engagement in our communities. Additional information can be found at Responsibilities Facilitate LEV s engagement in the community
- Serve as an externally-facing leader who can speak on behalf of the organization.
- Serve as a key partner to the CEO around community engagement issues.
- Partner with Director of Communications and Director of Policy and Research on advocacy strategies, coalition building, community resource development (webinars, content for website as appropriate, etc.), and community-informed research and policy development.
- Lead relationships with select community-based organizational partners and grow partnerships.
- Grow community relations presence as a partner for fund development and identify new revenue generation opportunities.
Manage LEV engagement and field priorities internally
- Work with board (as appropriate), advisory councils, organizational donors and board policy and engagement committees.
- Write content and supervise writing of reports, memos, briefs, and grants.
- Manage statewide grassroots presence (including Spokane and Yakima/Tri-Cities team) to drive engagement around LEV.
- Serve as grassroots lead in Puget Sound area, including preparing content for outreach, and work to coordinate with team as necessary.
- Come from a place of inclusion and promotion of diversity and equity in our work.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team (with CEO, Director of Policy and Research, and Director of Communications) Preferred qualifications
- A commitment to equity and improving educational outcomes for students impacted by historic and systemic oppression.
- A learning mindset and ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, social media platforms, and ability to learn other key programs.
Experience with Customer Relation Management (CRM) platforms, such as Salsa, a plus.
- Extensive experience in grassroots and community engagement required, with special emphasis placed on engagement in and around the Puget Sound region.
- Robust experience with nonprofits, political campaigns, or community relations.
- Knowledge of public education issues or managing budgets and grants is helpful, but not required.
- Work mostly out of our Seattle office (near Lake Union).
Free parking available and on bus line. Some remote work possible. To Apply Please send a resume and cover letter to Nancy Hopkins at by Friday, June 26, 2020.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.