Director of Human Resources - Westin Bayshore - The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver - (19080909)
The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, located at 1601 Bayshore Dr, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6G2V4 is currently hiring a Director of Human Resources - Westin Bayshore.Responsibilities include:
The Director of Human Resources will report directly to the property General Manager, with a dotted-line (functional) reporting relationship to the Regional Senior Director of Human Resources and will be an integral member of the property executive committee. As a member of the Human Resources organization, he/she contributes a high level of human resource generalist knowledge and expertise for a designated property. He/she will be accountable for talent acquisition, succession/workforce planning, performance management and development for property employees, using technology efficiently, and coaching/developing others to help influence and execute business objectives in the most efficient manner. He/she generally works with considerable independence, developing processes to accomplish objectives in alignment with broader business objectives. Additionally, he/she utilizes a Human Resource Business Plan aligned with property and brand strategies to deliver HR services that enable business success.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor''s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing the Human Resources Strategy
• Executes and follows-up on engagement survey related activities.
• Champions and builds the talent management ranks in support of property and region diversity strategy.
• Translates business priorities into property Human Resources strategies, plans and actions
• Implements and sustains Human Resources initiatives at the property.
• Coordinates the human capital review process at property(s) and leads succession planning activities on property and in the market, as appropriate.
• Leads the assessment of property(s) leadership pipeline through the human capital review process and assists with follow-up.
• Creates value through proactive approaches that will affect performance outcome or control cost.
• Monitors effective use of myHR by property managers and employees.
• Leads and participates in succession management and workforce planning.
• Responsible for Human Resources strategy and execution.
• Serves as key change manager for initiatives that have high employee impact.
• Attends owners meetings as a member of the property executive committee and provides meaning or context to the Human Resources results (e.g., retention statistics, critical open positions, employee satisfaction, and training initiatives and results); and demonstrates an understanding of owner priorities.
• Supervises one or more on-property Human Resources, as well as market-based Human Resources Specialist type resources where appropriate.
Managing Staffing and Recruitment Process
• Analyzes open positions to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
• Serves as coach and expert facilitator of the selection and interviewing process.
• Surfaces opportunities in work processes and staffing optimization.
• Makes staffing decisions to manage the talent cadre and pipeline at the property.
• Develops staffing strategy (in collaboration with hiring manager) relating to hiring practices; consults with hiring manager on compensation, benefits, etc.
• Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
• Ensures managers are competent in assessing and evaluating hourly staff.
Managing Employee Compensation Strategy
• Remains current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation and work competitive environments.
• Leads the planning of the hourly employee total compensation strategy.
• Champions the communication and proper use of total compensation systems, tools, programs, policies, etc.
• Participates in quarterly internal equity analysis; reviews internal equity reports and surface issues needing resolution.
• Creates and implement s total compensation management packages/offers, particularly recognition and incentive programs directed towards property priorities.
Managing Staff Development Activities
• Ensures completion of the duties and responsibilities of the properties’ Human Resources staff members, as outlined in applicable job description(s).
• Ensures property Human Resources staff is properly trained in all employee-related human resource information to appropriately respond to property employees.
• Serves as resource to property Human Resources staff on employee relations questions and issues.
• Continually reinforces positive employee relations concepts.
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others. Visit www.marriott.com/careers to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.