Director, OSS Devt & Support (121033)
Realise your full potential with Asia's leading communications group. While we take pride in our 140-year heritage, our philosophy is to always look forward and evolve. Today, we are a leader in cutting-edge ICT innovation and digital advances, powered by a vast network of offices in countries and territories across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the USA. Come be a part of our dynamic organisation as we create the infocomms landscape of the future.
This is a key service and technical leadership role in OSS, SATVE and liaises strongly across internal & external project and implementation teams, contributing to business-technical strategies, technical solutions, integration engineering plans, service operations support and Business Continuity Plan.
The incumbent will be accountable for the technical strategy, lifecycle management and technology roadmap of Operation Systems and Support Services including capacity and performance management. Incumbent will interface with Network Strategy, Network Planning, Network Operations and NOC team to plan and define the OSS ecosystem, including service rollout planning, AOP, business case definition as well as manage the capital expenditure (forecast and utilization).
The incumbent will be accountable for the service operation of new platforms/services and enhancements as part of the OSS eco-system. This includes directing and coordinating the operations of a team to meet the required service assurance level. The scope covers the responsibility for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods, process and strategies. In addition, the incumbent is accountable for the service transition of new platforms/services, enhancements as well as providing support to Service Operations.
The incumbent will
- lead a team of Planners supervising the introduction of new services/platforms and life cycle management of OSS; including Financial planning and budget management including CAPEX and OPEX expenditure
- lead a team of Service Delivery engineers to test and roll out OSS platforms, ensuring that new services and platforms are integrated into existing engineering infrastructure in a seamless and cost-effective manner.
- lead a team of Service Operation engineers to provide the required service assurance level for OSS services.
The key deliverables include:
- Service and Platform Planning,
- AOP Planning for OSS Services
- Plan and review the OSS Assurance architecture and cost-effectively implement new OSS systems or upgrade existing systems, to support new network elements or technology deployed in the network
- Derive requirement specifications with Stakeholder departments
- Technology evaluation and selection, including tender management (RFI and RFP)
- To study the technical implementation before tender award
- System planning including capacity utilization monitoring and expansion as well as enhancements.
- Constantly seek new ways and review existing processes for improvements and enhancements to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Provides engineering support to Network Strategy, Network Planning, Network Operations and NOC team
- Project Management,
- Management of scope, cost and timeline of project, with ownership of entire project
- Roles and responsibilities of project team members
- Project schedule and delivery milestones
- To track the project finances to ensure project spending is within budget
- Manage the project team in terms of milestone and final deliverables
- Management of external vendors to meet both the commercial and technical service requirement.
- Service Delivery,
- Service transition management of OSS Services, including Fault Management, Ticketing Management, Performance Management systems
- Responsible for network rollout, system implementation, integration and service testing and software change request.
- Chair/drive cross-functional taskforces, improving processes and quality of change management
- Rollout of new services, against project-KPIs in areas of timeline, service-quality and service-feature deliverables.
- Participate in tender technical-specs definitions, tender evaluations, technical system-rollouts and verifications after system commissioning.
- To lead in the First Node Implementation (FNI), including review of Method of Procedures (MOPs) and working with Service Operations to transfer knowledge in the Change Management process.
- To recommend and perform appropriate engineering modification for capacity expansion/upgrade/improvement and carry out interfacing requirements with external and internal parties, where necessary.
- Provide support to Service Operations in the resolution of escalated customer complaints on service incidents.
- To provide leadership in Problem Management and recommendations to Platform Owners and Service Operations, ensuring that management service-quality KPIs are met, and iDA service-standards obligations are not breached. This includes evaluation of unplanned outages attributed within OSS Services and take steps to prevent similar future re-occurrences.
- To develop and deliver business CRs for OSS services, including review of requirements, feasibility study, service design, service implementation and configuration, testing and preparation of MOP for service roll out.
- Service Operation
- The scope covers the responsibility for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods, process and strategies for OSS Services.
- System and Platform Patch loading, implementation of software and hardware upgrades on its related service nodes.
- In accordance with company and divisional security directives, deploy, maintain, and enhance the security of server and desktop systems through administrative, preventive, detective, and reactive controls, such as change and configuration management, anti-virus measures, patch management, and system scans.
- Perform and coordinate disaster recovery activity expeditiously in times of service disruptions so as to minimize service downtime and revenue loss.
- Participate in BCP and/or Audit program initiatives as needed.
- The successful candidate will need to work outside normal working hours to carry out upgrades and patch loading as such activities may disrupt services.
- The successful candidate is required to handle adhoc system faults and/or service degradation speedily.
- Troubleshoot and perform root causes failure analysis for software, hardware and network faults related to the service nodes.
- Create and maintain engineering test documentation and guidelines system functional and mobile services testing.
- Responsible for supporting the daily operation of servers and storage systems.
- Provide Tier 2 & 3 technical support for internal customer and manage vendor for Tier 3 & 4 technical support on a 24x7 standby basis.
- Working with outsourced service vendor to provide the service assurance KPIs as outlined above (if necessary)
The Ideal Candidate should have/be:
- Degree in Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent with an accredited institution
- Telco experience and Technical Network Skills
- People Management
- At least 5 - 7 years of direct experience in technical management roles for Telecommunication Networks and Systems.
- Experience in Network architecture design, planning, technical support or project management of Telecommunication Systems, Mobile Network or IT Systems.
- Drive and be self-motivated
- Strong people management and Leadership skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Written and Oral Communications
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge on the following disciplines : 3G and 4G network engineering, Virtualization technologies, switch signaling, Core Network protocols, OSS platforms such as Fault Management, Ticket Management, Performance Management
Let’s shape a better world through technology. Join us to lead the change.
Note to Recruitment Agencies
In sourcing for candidates for particular roles, the Singtel Group works only with a panel of selected recruitment agencies expressly engaged under written agreements. Even then, these agencies are only activated from time to time for specific recruitment exercises for particular roles under instructions expressly issued by a member of the Singtel Talent Acquisition team.
Except under such circumstances, no agency shall source or attempt to source any candidates for the Singtel Group. The Singtel Group will not pay nor be obliged or liable to pay any recruitment fees of any kind whatsoever to any agency where candidate CVs are submitted to the Singtel Group by such agency on an unsolicited or speculative basis.
The Singtel Group reserves all rights to directly contact any candidate to which such CVs relate without any obligation or liability whatsoever to the agency concerned (including without limitation any obligation or liability to pay any recruitment fees of any kind).
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.