Director, Strategy Planning GRM Technology
Reporting directly to the GRM-West Regional CIO, the Director of Strategy &
Planning is responsible for establishing and driving the Europe and Latin
America regional strategy and vision for a digitized global IT organization.
Other responsibilities include development of integrated Technology plans and
owning reporting for the IT function and the Regional functional leadership
team. Consults with senior functional and IT leaders to develop fully
integrated enterprise information technology strategy, plans and reporting
collateral. Establishes and implements enterprise-wide IT planning processes
and methods, including the annual financial planning cycle.
* Delivers thought leadership and strategic guidance on the topics of
operational excellence including financial management, strategic vendor
partnerships, agile transformation, integration and cross-product area
* Collaborates with senior business and IT leaders on the development of
information technology plans and priorities, schedules, financial
impacts, resource needs, opportunities for reuse, and vendor product
* Facilitates the process for aligning and integrating IT plans across all
regions and global functions into a comprehensive and integrated
enterprise-wide IT operating plan.
* Consults with senior business and IT leaders to determine both immediate
and long-range impact of technology and business decisions.
* Develops and implements standard processes, tools, and methods used to
formulate information technology plans.
* Researches latest trends in technology and business planning and
incorporates trends in the IT planning process as appropriate.
* Ensures all planning practices are linked to business value and that IT
and business participants support the process.
* Educates IT and business leaders on financial and strategy planning
practices and expected outcomes. Defines and reviews standards and
quality of all business cases, ensuring that they are justified and
results and benefits are tracked.
* Partners with CIO, Sr. Directors, Market Finance team and IT Finance to
drive the annual operating plan, ensuring alignment with long-term plans
and Market, Regional and Global strategic priorities.
* Facilitates meetings and develops materials to help participants
understand spending trends and implications in the context of long-term
* Initiates and fosters business partnerships with Market Presidents,
COO's, CFO's, other business executives, technology executives; develops
relationships that promote trust, and increase efficiency and
effectiveness, balancing business financial priorities and assuring
alignment with the business strategies and IT objectives. In conjunction
with the CIO, coordinates the planning and prioritization of
discretionary technology investments.
* Leads analysis and execution of various operational and financial
* Analyzes proposed discretionary spending, evaluates the impact of various
spending scenarios chargeback.
* Minimum of 10 years progressively more responsible experience in a
financial and IT environment with exposure to financial processing &
reporting, modeling, capital budgeting, cost benefit analyses, analysis &
planning, and information systems development required.
* Minimum of 5-7 years in management & leadership roles required.
* Bachelors or Master's Degree (preferably MBA) in financial discipline or
* In-depth knowledge of global business operations, objectives and
* Knowledge of personal lines and small commercial insurance products and
* In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies and their
application to global business opportunities.
* In-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies and tools and IT
standards and guidelines.
* Advanced knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques.
* Ability to promote a team environment consisting of several teams.
* Highly developed negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
* Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong
* English fluency required; Spanish and/or Portuguese fluency preferred
* International travel 10-25%.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return
for your service, it s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that
support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that
is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its
vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities
of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads
to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for
our customers. Learn more
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.