Director, Student Health Center/Team Physician
La Salle University
The Director of the Student Health Center (SHC)/Team Physician is a full-time, 12-month staff member. The Director of the SHC/Team Physician supervises the Student Health Center staff who provide direct primary care services and health education to students who are ill or injured in order to promote academic success by keeping students healthy so that they may remain in class. Director of the SHC/Team Physician will also serve as a supervising physician to the athletic trainers who are managing and providing care of injuries to university student-athletes. Primary and urgent care to students is achieved through history taking, physical examination, testing, treatment and intervention as needed. The Director of SHC/Team Physician monitors communicable diseases in the surrounding community via a liaison relationship with the Philadelphia Department of Public Health. The Director of SHC/Team Physician monitors any pertinent health issues affecting the University campus and advises the Assistant VP of Student Wellness Services, the VP of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management and the Director of Athletics and Recreation.Essential Duties
- Oversee the operation of the Student Health Center facility and its' attendant policies, procedures, practices and provision of primary healthcare services to LaSalle students (full-time undergraduates and residential grad students).
- Recruit, hire, supervise and evaluate all members of the Student Health Center staff with the purpose of attracting and retaining a workforce that deliver quality health care and reflect the diversity of La Salle's student population.
- Establish, communicate and maintain a vision of the unit through assessment, goal-setting, annual and strategic planning and effectively communicate this vision to all internal and external partners.
- Direct and supervise all staff in the Student Health Center through staff training that includes OSHA, TB, CPR, current licensures, Quality Assurance reviews, Electronic Medical Records, Patient Satisfaction Surveys and Case Conferences.
- Serve as consultant and supervising physician to the Student Health Nurse Practitioners including providing the prescriptive authority of a CRNP shall be set forth in a CRNP's Collaborative Practice Agreement.
- Serve as a supervising physician to the university's athletic trainers who are managing and providing care of injuries to university student-athletes via an established written protocol, such protocol is to be signed annually by both the supervising physician and the college athletic trainers.
- Obtain health histories, perform physical examinations, conduct objective and subjective patient assessment, order diagnostic tests/studies, establish care plan, order medication, and educate the patient appropriate to her/his age, culture, and individual needs
- Assure compliance of health records with the American College of Health Association (ACHA) standards.
- Oversee the management of the electronic medical records system (PyraMED) including determination of training needs of staff and acting as primary liaison with software representatives.
- Direct staff in the provision of health-related educational outreach including training for Athletic Department staff, Residential Life staff, International Student Orientations, Faculty, Staff on relevant Student Health and Public Health topics, etc.
- Direct the Coordinator of the Student Health Center in the collection and monitoring of the medical compliance of vaccinations for the prevention of infectious diseases on campus.
- Direct the operations of the office including monitoring the budget, approving bills, recruitment, retention and evaluation of staff and work study students, revision of forms and policies.
- Act as the University liaison with the Philadelphia Department of Public Health for emergency preparedness issues.
- Oversee University efforts when communicable diseases threaten the campus such as COVID-19, SARS, Tuberculosis, Flu, measles, mumps, chickenpox, MRSA, or meningitis, etc.
- Provide consultations through participation in health-related committees and activities such as Students of Concern Team and Campus Wellness Advisory Committee.
- Participate in local and national health organizations including other college/university health centers to keep the University apprised of the latest health trends.
- Foster a work environment that encourages knowledge, respect and development of skills to engage with diverse members of the La Salle community.
- Remain competent and current through understanding national trends in student health and wellness, by developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development experiences, and attending training and/or courses required by the Assistant Vice President for Student Wellness Services the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management and the Director, Athletics and Recreation.
- Be considered Essential Personnel in the event of a campus, local or federal health emergency or dangerous situation.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management and Athletics Department by performing all other duties assigned by the Assistant Vice President for Student Wellness Services, the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management and/or the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
- Must possess an MD/DO degree from an accredited medical school.
- Completion of an approved residency program in Family Medicine, Internal, Emergency, Adolescent or Sports Medicine.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Current Board Certification or eligible
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support/CPR
- Current DEA certification
- Three years of relevant administrative (supervisory and leadership) experience in higher education or similar environment.
- Familiarity with communicable diseases and OSHA Bloodborne Exposures.
- Experience with electronic medical records system as client lead, superuser and/or clinical lead.
- Familiarity with University policies and procedures.
- Experience working with university public safety, student counseling, alcohol and other drug educators, athletic trainers, and residence life staff.
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sports Medicine Fellowship or comparable experience.
- Experience with PyraMED electronic medical records system.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of La Salle University.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations in an urban setting.
- Be physically able to bend, stoop and ambulate, and have good hearing and vision.
- Scheduled on-call consultation shifts for after-hours health-related case management.
- Evening and weekend work required at department and university events.
Review of applications will begin immediately.Application Open Date: 07/03/2020
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.