Distribution Center Manager (PM Weekend Shift) Easton/DC6
Why should you join L Brands and Mast Global Logistics?
Mast Global is a wholly-owned division of L Brands –Mast brings together the production and sourcing, logistics, and information technology functions for the enterprise. Together, Mast Global is the engine that powers L Brands by providing solutions that help to “make, move and enable” our world-renown products and brands: Victoria’s Secret, PINK, Bath and Body Works, and Henri Bendel. Our associates are our greatest asset. That’s why it is our commitment to ensure talent – the growth, development and recognition of our people – is always a top priority.
What skills to bring to the job:
A record of success and a passion for talent development of operations leaders and associates. High level of credibility in advising partners and brands for operational excellence, now and for evolving business needs. Dedication to safety and L Brands core values.
What you will love about this job:
Personal and professional growth; develop your leadership skills and logistics expertise with a world class specialty retailer. Help develop individuals and the organization grow and for future opportunities. Influence cross- functional senior leaders to implement a “best practices” approach to achieve supply chain excellence from factory to customer.
The Operations Manager will have responsibilities for leading the daily operation of a function within our distribution Center. Serves as the connection between business success and customer experience; through leading and teaching teams, executing business objectives, managing change, and living the culture. Casts a positive shadow as a leader; by consistently demonstrating and advocating L Brands Way Values.
Key Areas and Tasks:
Coaches and Develops for Success 35%
– Provides feedback to supervisors focusing on behaviors and results that drive learning and performance
– Consistently spends time on the floor engaging with team
– Recognizes the contributions of others through direct feedback and various recognition programs
– Provides support for coaching initiatives by observing supervisors conduct coaching sessions, reviewing materials and forms and giving feedback regarding delivery and language to use with associates
– Follows-up with supervisors to assess progress on goals and owns and is accountable to ensure barriers are removed
– Conducts established cadence of touch bases with each supervisor to review personal and department performance and development
– Owns and is accountable in teaching supervisors effective techniques to manage Associate Relations and consistently enforce business and enterprise policies and procedures
– Understand supervisors’ professional goals and provides development opportunities as appropriate
– Drives compliance and performance improvement around Safety and Regulatory expectations
– Recognizes and acts upon teaching opportunities as they arise
– Actively pursues opportunities and makes use of all available developmental resources to improve personal performance
Successfully Drives Business Objectives 50%
– Manages and drives end to end business and departmental objectives; develops and executes appropriate plans to achieve desired results in a timely manner
– Owns and is accountable for teaching appropriate short and long term labor planning based on business forecasts
– Proactively monitors, communicates, reacts and solves business changes/issues
– Ensures the team has the resources and tools needed to perform their jobs successfully
– Demonstrates effective problem solving and collaboration skills when appropriate
– Proficient in the jobs within the department and has a working knowledge of department functions
– Continuously seeks to improve systems, evaluates processes and methods, and recommends best practices
– Identifies new opportunities for innovation and cost reduction
– Remains agile, shows resilience and displays the ability to make changes based on the dynamics of the business
– Leverages understanding of how end to end supply chain systems interact with one another to drive business performance.
– Supports company goals and initiatives by facilitating the understanding and acceptance of change initiatives through their teams
– Empowers and delegates appropriately to leverage team’s development and ensure business objectives are met
– Exhibits appropriate business influence to align supply chain solutions with business objectives
– Reviews, analyzes and responds to departmental and business reporting to drive company objectives.
– Prepares for and contributes to meetings as appropriate
– Maintain and monitor internal and compensating controls to ensure regulatory/government compliance
– Manage projects that support supply chain initiative
– Hindsight’s and applies past experiences to improve future performance
– Exhibits understanding of Brand goals and how LLS supports them
– Drives and is accountable for maintaining consistent practices between departments and shifts
– Actively builds relationships outside of their own DC to understand and leverage external best practices
Fosters an Open, Supportive Environment where Associates feel connected and Our Values are Displayed 15%
– Builds and fosters an environment of Familiarity, Comfort and Trust
– Devotes time and energy to establishing and maintaining relationships with team; is visible and
– Promotes and displays an energizing and fun work environment
– Shares appreciation for other’s contributions and celebrates milestone
– Solicits and is open to feedback from team
– Ensures that the team feels connected and informed about department and business goals
– Shares appropriate and timely information with team, peers and leaders
– Utilizes most effective media or method of communication and checks for understanding
– Understands the current state of Associate performance and engagement as they relate to the Associate Opinion Survey; develops and drives appropriate action plan
– Owns and is accountable for ensuring change is implemented in a positive manner
– Seven to ten years of leadership experience in a high volume, automated, customer focused distribution/productions environment.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, or equivalent experience and professional development in Engineering, Logistics or Business related discipline. Graduate degree preferred
– Proven understanding of the core business functions and their linkage to the Distribution Center.
– Experience in leading multiple departments with a minimum of 2-3 direct reports and 100-200 indirect reports.
– Proven track record assessing and developing talent.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Working knowledge of PC based applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, scheduling, and other databases and WMS systems
– Exceptional judgment and strategic thinking skills; ability to see beyond the obvious.
– Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills.
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.