Distribution Center Manager Trainee
Cooper Tire offers an entirely unique work experience because no matter what your title is, you’ll play a part in contributing to the development, manufacturing and marketing of some of the most innovative tire products in the world. Cooper is a fun and exciting place to work. We are constantly on the lookout for motivated individuals who lead by example and inspire others to greatness. The opportunities are endless and the rewards rich for those who believe that job satisfaction and career success begin with a satisfied customer. Careers are a Journey…Come Ride with Us!
As a Manager Trainee, you will work closely with Department Management to learn each department’s functions and how each department helps the Distribution Center’s success. This role is to develop the incumbent to be able to have a complete understanding of the overall management of the Distribution Center. The Management Trainee will follow the daily operations of the Distribution Warehouse and be trained in all aspects of the Warehouse operations by through training to be able to actively and effectively perform and or manage each function position in order to develop the knowledge to successfully manage the overall operations of the Distribution Center.
- Over a period of time will actively be trained to function effectively as a Warehouse Expeditor, Inventory Control Lead, Shift Lead / Supervisor, Transportation Planning.
- This role will be trained to accurately review and manage daily budgets, labor, overtime, shipping & receiving, product staging, inventory control , systems, SAP.
- This role will be able to review and develop reports to identify trends & patterns to reduce costs, and improve department efficiencies.
- Responsible for reviewing and coordinating efforts to minimize overall distribution and receiving problems.
- Will participate in the recruiting and hiring of all distribution center personnel, direct hires and Temp hires.
- Participate in the Inspection of the facility assuring there are no safety issues
- Ensures the maintenance of, and compliance to, all local government and company regulations pertaining to the storage of merchandise.
- Understand the responsibility for the control, accuracy and completeness of all records kept at the warehouse and of numerous periodic reports submitted to the Corporate.
- Participates in the reporting of all accidents and losses through fire or theft.
- Reviews and evaluates monthly and weekly Warehouse Activity Reports and Cost per Unit Reports in an effort to control and maximize the efficiency and productivity of the Distribution Center operations.
- Develops or assists in the development of methods and procedures to establish, control and
- maintain the most economical and efficient use of the facility, and to measure efficiency of individual employees as well as the overall operation.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the company.
- Will complete a 5 phase training program administered by the Distribution Operations Manager.
- 2 or 4 year college degree required
- Previous warehouse work experience
- 2 – 5 years of comparable work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, SAP EWM
- Motivated toward career growth and learning
- Be able to relocate
- Must be flexible with work schedule to accommodate the needs of the operation
- Must be available for travel 15%-25%.
Cooper Tire is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strive to recruit, develop and retain top candidates by providing an engaging culture and opportunities to grow and develop. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.